Ask
    sjparis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 09:29 PM
    Cost for a citizen of ghana for a passport & can it be paid from the us
    Can the passport fee be paid by a citizen of the USA from the USA
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 09:34 PM

Under 100 US dollars, and no the person there has to apply for it and pay for it.

You do realise that Ghana is the number one scam dating area. Just Google Ghana and dating and you will find 10's of thousands of listings for all the fraud.
    It is so bad even the US embassy mentions it on their site.

After the passport, they ask for money for the visa, then of course normally they have to bribe some official, then they will say they need $$$ in the bank to be allowed to leave the country, but they will give it back as soon as they reach the US.

In some cases they get passport stolen and have to replace it

Normally it is not even the real person you think you are dating, they have rooms full of people many using the same ID and prepared stories to use
    sjparis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 10:02 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks chuck.yes I realize wats goung on over there,had afew other women there try to get me 4 money & hear all the stories. That's y I want to pay for all over here,realize that I can pay for the visa app. & the meeting fee from here. Can also book the flight online as well. That way the woman in question will not receive any $ at all. Thers no way that I would ever wire over that much $ to a woman that I never met! Especially from a scamming country. Trying to cover all costs from here & even told her that I was not wiring her any cash at all... Hell if I got burned,at least I know that she didn't get it! That is if I paid 4 all & she never showed up for the meeting & skipped the flight. Not that I would want that to happen to begin with.. If I had to send $30.00 & get burned,wellthats not too bad. But sending over a couple thousand to someone you never met... Have your head examined! Thanks again 4 your imput chuck! Mr S J Paris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does a Ghana passport cost [ 3 Answers ]

What does a Ghana passport cost?

How much does it cost for a passport and visa in Ghana? [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know how much it costs for a passport in Ghana and how much it costs for a Visa in Ghana?

Passport cost in ghana [ 2 Answers ]

What is the cost of a passport from ghana to us and how long does it that to get one

Cost of Passport and visa in ghana [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cost for a ghana citizen to get a passport and visa to travel to the united states

View more questions Search