Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studioworks Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:25 AM
    What can I do in this situation?
    I am on students Visa got married to a british PR holder after living with her for 5 months on same address. 1 week after our marriage she left me without telling anything and we had no arguments or fights ever. I was supporting her financially for 5 months and paid all the expenses of marriage as well. I was about to apply for 2 years marriage residence permit when she went away. Now I am in a complex situation. My students Visa will expire in October this year. I went to police, and they enquired and told me that girl is fine and living in another part of the city and she has denied to disclose the location. Now what should I do? Should I file a case against her, put charges or what? How can I get a divorce? I am not having a very good job so is there any benefit for me? Please comment on any part you can. It will be really helpful as I am totally blank now.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 11:01 PM

Maintain your student visa... most important. Discuss the divorce issue with your lawyer.. you may need one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got A Situation! [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin Roki,is really smart. He is supposed to be in the 6th grade but is transferring to 9th,and into my school! I act like I like him,but I don't! What can I do?:mad:

Here is my situation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My name is Patty and I have a total of 16,000 in credit card debt. In 2002 because of a large corporate buyout I lost my job and had to take unemployment. I was making 20.00 per hour. I am 49 and at my age it was hard find a job. I finally landed a job in 2003 at Davits Bridal making not...

F1-OPT-H1B tax situation [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Vishnu Ravinuthula. I have been a F-1 student from Aug 2001 - May 2006. I applied for OPT on Mar 2006 and got it approved on Aug 2006. For the tax year 2006, I was a F-1 student until May 2006. I got my OPT card on Aug 2006 and I was on OPT until Oct 1, 2006. Since Oct 1,...

Bad situation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay let me explain the story my 4 year old son had to get work done on his teeth so anyway we paid a load of money for the time the anthesiologist so time passed and then they sent me a letter stationg I needed to pay 1010.00 and I said shouldn't the dental insurance pay the rest of that they said...

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

View more questions Search