Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tnwtn24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Business license
    Do I need a business license to perform small house hold repairs, in orange park Florida
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 12:31 PM
    I can only say from my experience. I can do this where I am as long as I don't intend on charging Provincial tax and customers don't want a receipt for tax purproses. Then all the cash is under the table and it works out. For your situation I would say if you ever get into a situation where repairs have to be done for any kind of damage that the householder has to claim in some way, then you couldn't do it that way and tax and a receipt would have to be considered.

I would have to say you should go for a business license and be registered and be on the safe side transacting business.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 12:45 PM
    A quote from FLORIDA HANDYMAN LICENSE - repair-home.com

Answer: here's the answer to your question.. the first thing you need to do is to get an occupational license, that costs fifty bucks, and prior to that file for a fictitious name . When you file for the license you will be asked the primary business you are in and you put in Handyman. There are specific limitations to Handyman tasks, basically anything that requires a permit is not eligible for Handyman work. Some cities in Florida do have a Handyman's license but it differs from city to city, and for that you have to call the city offices and find out what is required in order to get that license, basically it's a written and signed statement that says you have read the legal statutes and that also lists the type of work you cannot do...

Answer: In addition to the above answer, in order to operate in the state of Florida and you have more than yourself as an employee you need workmens comp... except if you have an LLC, then you are exempt for up to three employees from workmens comp as long as your employees are part owners of that LLC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business license [ 12 Answers ]

Do you need a business licence to start your own cleaning business? Do you also need to be insured if your employees steal from your clients?

Business name [ 5 Answers ]

How do I go about registering the name of my business and to keep the right and idea for my business so peopledo not take and use my idea

I want my own business [ 3 Answers ]

I've had the dream for ages and its on paper, I've done all the planning. All the finiane is in place. I need to know what I need to do next. Where do I registor my business, what do I need to do. Phone tax office, national ins. Can you please tell me. I'm not sure on the next stp forward before I...

About license [ 2 Answers ]

I am a handyman and have been doing a little of everything for several years now. I would like to get an electricians license, but at this point in my life I can not afford to work for an electrician at starting wages. Is there any other path that I can take. Can you recommend any literature...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search