Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaurav221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
    Hi,

I wanted to know the income breakup of the senior citizens in India and how many of them have got health insurance? How many companies cater to the health insurance needs for the senior citizens? Is it possible to provide the information for the current and past 5 years so that I can analyse the trends.

Regards,
    Gaurav
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 02:48 PM
    You may want to check out the government web site for India on senior insurance.

National Portal of India : Citizens : Senior Citizen Corner

National Portal of India
    Manish Jaiswal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav221
    Hi,

I wanted to know the income breakup of the senior citizens in India and how many of them have got health insurance? How many companies cater to the health insurance needs for the senior citizens? Is it possible to provide the information for the current and past 5 years so that I can analyse the trends.

Regards,
    Gaurav
    Hi Gaurav..

Interesting question..

Today's ET report that 80% of India population is not covered, say around 1.1 billion.

Now, we all know that India is a young country, so give 40% people over age 60 (senior citizens). My assessment is that 95% of this population has no formal Health Cover or Insurance. So you can imagine the size.

More on data etc on your query is available at InsuranceMall News I Opener :

FDI norms in Indian Insurance sector may ease: FM

Good luck with your research.

Manish

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health/Medical insurance for senior citezens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am Srinivas Prasanna. My Father is 75 years and mother is 67 years. I want them to have their Health/Medical insurance. Kindly suggest me in this regard. Thanks BRs VCSP

Health Insurance for Senior citizens in India. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know which health insurance is good for senior citizens. My requirements are the following. 1) I am looking for a long term perspective. Would like to renew the policy for next 8-12 years. So the policy should be Renewable till the age of 70/75 years. 2) Pre-existing...

Senior Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I receive O.A.S. & C.P.P.(Saskatchewan,Canada) My wife is not eligible yet, We have a 16 year old daughter still living at home. I have no medical insurance. Is there anything out there for me? Thanks

View more questions Search