Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ct_resident Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Do we need a termination notice for fixed term lease?
    I had a Lease from from 8-Aug-09 to 31-Aug-10 with 60 day notice period for termination of lease ( in Connecticut). I gave notice on 13-Jul-10(47days),but my landlord is saying that I did not give 60days notice so he is withholding securitydeposit as Sep-2010 rent (For the month which I have not stayed in the apartment) .

Do we need to give a termination notice for fixed term lease?

Check out some similar questions!

KY Lease Termination Notice for job relocation? [ 1 Answers ]

In KY, we are relocating to HI for a new job and our current lease offers no buyout option. The original lease offered a buyout but the new owner did not include one or indicate that the termas had substantially changed when the new lease was signed

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Breaking a one year lease with early termination fee - 30 days notice required? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a new apartment in Downey last May with a friend of mine. After a couple of months, I notice that my friend has been stealing from me. I asked her to move out and now I have to break my lease for safety reasons. I signed a one year lease (my friend luckily is just an occupant)...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.