Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mroberts50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 02:05 AM
    I need code for HTML page
    I am totally lost! I have created a web page with links and all are working well accept now I have to make it show up in opera browsers tabs. I was told to do it from the head of the html page to link to opera using <link href="b9home.htm" rel="home" />. I have downloaded opera 9.6 and can view the pages but my links like glossary, first, last, home are all grayed out on the tab form. What is the correct html code for my html page to make it link to the tabs. I built my pages in dreamweaver and I have mozilla, Firefox browser. Thanks
    juhi2011 Posts: 91, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2009, 02:12 AM

On the web page go to view >> source (tool bar) . You will get the html code..
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Jan 29, 2009, 02:55 PM

<link href="b9home.htm" rel="chapter" />
    <link href="b9gloss.htm" rel="glossary" />
    <link href="b9m2.htm" rel="next" />
    <link href="b9m4.htm" rel="last" />
    don't know if these are valid, but you can try.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 04:54 PM

Hi,
    No those are not valid. Have you checked the resulting Dreamweaver code to make sure it is well-formed? What do you have beginning the document? Need to have a DTD.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    mrichardson59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Hi! I'm taking the same class and can't figure out how to make this code work in opera. Did you figure it out? Your help is greatly appreciated.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 08:28 PM

Hi,
    Perhaps the person who suggested using the <head> element was telling you to put the base href tag there. I do it thusly:
    <!-- <base href="www.mysite.com"/> -->
    I hope this comes out correctly, I answer so many places that it is not always easy to get HTML right in appearance the first try. Do notice that I commented it out , but all browsers I know of still read it. Also, there is a space before the first hyphen at the end; that is necessary because of a flaw in some browser versions. That slash at the end is for valid XHTML.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The HTML Code for RuneScape [ 3 Answers ]

I'm making a RuneScape client and I was wondering what is the HTML code for the actual RuneScape screen in th middle of the world you're playing on? Can anyone give it to me? I've looked at the source of RuneScape as well!

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

HTML code for GIF animator [ 3 Answers ]

I have to insert a GIF animated banner on an sale advertisement. The animation is situated in a server abroad, where my homepage is. What kind of HTML code do I have to write to send for that advertisement. Please write a detailed example. The name of animation is "bansku.gif". It is maybe a GIF89...

Home page --> res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 [ 4 Answers ]

I downloaded Spybot and got rid of various spy stuff. I had the DSO Exploit thingy and fixed it according to alicka. However, my original problem exists:  My home page gets reset to res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 every time I leave the internet.   What is this and how do I get rid of it?...

View more questions Search