Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1monica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 09:58 PM
    VA roommate not on lease, won't leave
    I currently live in Virginia Beach, VA and have a roommate who got fired from his job a few weeks ago and hasn't paid me this month's rent yet. He is not on the lease. About a week and 1/2 ago, he moved his girlfriend in. He still doesn't have a job, she does, but they both think she doesn't have to pay anything since our verbal agreement was between me and him, and not her. I want them out now! How do I go about getting them out of my place legally? If I write an eviction notice and have him sign it, is that legal? Or do I have to go through the long court process.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Hello monica:

You have to evict him through the courts. The'll probably leave as soon as you serve them.

excon
    Marshall69 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 11:45 PM
    I have the same problem, but my roommate pays; however I want her to move because she is no longer enrolled as a student at our college and this house is student housing. I am the only one on the lease; she parties ( I don't want alcohol in the house; I don't drink) her boyfriend spends the night every night (barely works) and she is just plain incosiderate and loud. I would suggest that you just serve her an eviction notice.
    Marshall69 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Sorry I meant HIM. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate never got on lease, now won't leave [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Berks county, PA. My roommate and I agreed to share an apt. beginning Oct. 2006. I signed lease but she needed co-signers to get on the lease and promised that she would. She has since then not gotten on the lease and has become an intolerable, irresponsible and violent roommate. I...

I Want The Roommate To Leave! [ 8 Answers ]

I live in the state of virginia and have a verbal agreement with a guy who is renting out my spare room. I never had him sign a lease agreement. He is just a roommate. Now I want him to leave. He is behind on his rent. His dog uses my house as it's own toilet. I walk through my front door and slip...

Roommate who is not on my lease, unstable, not paying rent, won't leave [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time using this site. I feel a bit trapped right now and not sure what my rights are. I live in Florida and I rent an apartment where I'm the sole lessee. I was in a bit of a tight spot financially and needed a room mate so a friend of mine moved in. He was in a tight spot...

Violent roommate not on lease refuses to leave [ 4 Answers ]

Out of desperation, I moved in with a former coworker. My name is on the lease because his credit is too bad to get an apartment in a decent area by himself. He constantly makes sexual comments, eats my food, and then when I mention something about it becomes angry, yells at the top of his lungs...

Lease up, roommate won't leave [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend has had a roommate since feb. The roommate won't pay on time ever for rent or utils. He is known to smoke crystal meth in the house etc etc The lease is up next month, she doesn't want he to renew with him, but he won't leave. The apt complex would not likely rent to him due to...

View more questions Search