Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopkins1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Screen quick launch icon
    Hi, I'm having problem with shortcut icons on the screen, before I had to reinstall windows xp, the icons on the screen had white text under the icon, now it's black text in a coloured box, any suggestions on how to change it back.
    Many thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Right click on the desktop and select Properties. You can play with Themes or use the Appearances tab and the Advanced to adjust each component.
    hopkins1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Thanks for your reply, I had already tried your answer before posting the question, to no avail, any other suggestions.
    hopkins1
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Umm, what exactly did you do?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 22, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Did you try the "effects" button under the appearance tab?
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Here's what I think is going on:

When you set your desktop background to a simple color (no picture) the box under each icon matches the background color so you don't see it. If the background color you select is a dark color the text is white. If the background color you select is light, the text is black. In XP you can change this by right-clicking on your desktop, selecting properties and then clicking on the desktop tab.

If you choose a picture as the background then the color you select will only be for the background of the names of the icons on your desktop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zero Launch Angle [ 1 Answers ]

A diver runs horizontally off the end of a diving board with an initial speed of 1.75m/s. If the diving board is 3m above the water, what is the diver's speed just before he enters the water? When I worked out this problem, I came up with an answer of 7.67m/s. The answer at the back of the...

Failure to Launch [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, First time posting... hope someone out there can help :D 1stly... some system info.. AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+ Socket 939 - NF4ST-A9 v1.0 mobo 1g DDR 2100 Ram 2x IDE 7300rpm HDD

Program Launch LAGS w/ 99% System Idle [ 8 Answers ]

I have an in depth problem. I'm using a small laptop that I upgraded from 256Mb to 512mb of ram. I am running some pretty large programs (adobe creative suite) but my system more than meets their requirements. I recently have tried Mcaffe Virus Scan Enterprise, and Avast as anti-virus' (turned...

Can't Launch a CD on My Computer [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook with Windows 98. I want to view some pictures on my CD but when I launch the CD from My Computer, I keep getting the message: D:\ is not accessible; The device is not ready. Retry. Well, I retry and nothing happens. I might mention that I have Kodak Easy Share...

Firefox quick launch? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to have Firefox browser in the quick launch at the bottom right side of screen, like Netscapre does? My PC is very slow , so faster it opens the better.

View more questions Search