Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aquijano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Relinquishing rights
    How can I relinquish my rights of the child to the mother with out a lawyer in the state of California?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Why? Your rights are only the ability to visit your child, the right to have a say in the raising of your child. You don't havve to do anything but just don't go see the child, don't visit the child and don't have anything to do with the child.

So why do you want to give up rights you don't have to do them anyway.
    If the mother wants you to give up your rights and you want to, you don't have to use an attorney but it is best.

If you believe giving up your rights stop child support then sorry, you pay chlid support even after you give up your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing rights [ 17 Answers ]

What is the legalities to relinquishing rights of a child whom you feel you can not fulfill an obligation to because of not knowing the child and not being able to comply with conservator rights. And also when rights are relinquished is child support still paid?

Relinquishing rights [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé is been forced to go to court for child support and to confirm paternity of a girl presumed to be his daughter. He doesn't want to have anything to do with the mother or the child. What can he do to relinquish his parental rights , it doesn't matter how difficult it could be he is willing...

Relinquishing his rights. [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father does not pay child support the way he is supposed to. He hasn't seen my son in over a year and doesn't care to see him. Is there an inexpensive way to get him to give up his rights? I have been quoted prices any where from 5000-10000 to get it done. Please help!

Relinquishing my rights [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone give me advice on relinquishing my rights to my three children ages 16 11 5 my ex has custody of them since January 2007 . I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown do to this. Thanks

Relinquishing rights [ 5 Answers ]

How can someone relinquish their rights without an attorney? I have filed for a modification to my child support and we have a court date for that but he has decided he wants to relinquish rights. I have my husband now who wants to adopt her if my ex-husband relinquished rights. How can we do that?

View more questions Search