Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RogueNurse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Employee rights under HIPAA
    I'm an RN, and it's "flu season" once again. I have refused the vaccine and in one day of being forced to wear the mask, I have been repeatedly grilled by staff, ranging from CNAs, janitor, up to management, on why I haven't received the vaccine.

I have very good reasons, to include currently receiving very expensive fertility treatments with my husband, which is no one's business, and after doing extensive research, I have concluded that there is plenty of risk involved with taking these injections, knowing the ingredients that are used. My main objection is that this is a medical procedure, where a consent is required, to inject my body with a substance. If I receive the vaccine, I am given a sticker on my badge, and if I don't receive the vaccine, I am subjected to wear the "Scarlet letter" of the flu world, AKA the surgical mask, for the duration of the "flu season:.

If I went around naming the patients I gave a flu shot to, I would be violating the HIPAA policy, and would most likely be fired or disciplined. Why is it okay for the hospital to violate my rights of privacy and choice, and call me out in the facility as noncompliant. I received more questions about my personal views and my medical status yesterday while at work.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA Violation & Rights of an employee [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was terminated from a job after I filed a complaint to HR regarding my supervisors actions. After giving birth to my son and a year of followed ups & downs including a divorce, I suffered from complicated migraines, anxiety attacks and a mild case of depression. Through this time and to...

HIPAA violation for employee [ 3 Answers ]

I have medical billing employees who often have their school aged children in their areas awaiting pick up by another family member. Is this a HIPAA violation?

Is it a HIPAA violation to talk about another employee? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a violation for a supervisor to tell other employees why another employee is being investigated

Employee hipaa rights violated when personal work history and records lost? [ 3 Answers ]

I have worked at my company (hospital) for 7 years. I left for 9 months then came back and when I came back to work the HR department had to decide how much to pay me based off my years of experience as a nurse. When it came time to give me my salary they said they have no record of me ever...

Hipaa violation through employee commication [ 1 Answers ]

Would it be considered a hipaa violation when coworkers share information pertaining to an abuse/neglect case investigation envolving mentally challenged adults. the info shared was between full time employees and ex terminated employees, info shared was the name of the employee under investigation...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.