Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tops Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Clothes washer smells
    My water is supplied by a private well. When my clothes washer is filling with water, there is a significant sulphor smell. I don't smell it anywhere else in the house. Should I have my water tested, washer checked or is this just a normal occurrence from a well?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Yes, sulphar in water from private wells is not uncommom at all. There are some places in MO where I lived as a youth that the water from the public supply smells so bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water From Washer Smells [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sulfer smell that comes from my washer. I get my water from a well. This is really the only place that it smells too. This causes my towels and washcloth's to constantly smell like their mildewed after just one day of use. What would be my problem? How could I fix it? Thanks in...

Whirlpool Clothes Washer [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a Whirlpool clothes washer that is 4 years old. Lately when I take the washed clothes out to place them in the dryer they are not as damp dry as they used to be. They are wetter than I would expect. What could be causing this problem? I had a repair man out and he wants to...

Washer Stops Spinning and Smells Like Smoke! [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (1970's) Maytag washer that has an intermittent problem where it stops during the spin cycle and then smells like burning metal. I am guessing it is a short somewhere?? Is there an easy way to check the wiring on this beast or any other ideas as to what the problem may be? ...

Clothes washer overflow/stoppage [ 5 Answers ]

I ran a load of clothes and my Kenmore (1 yr old) washer overflowed from the standpipe. I had this problem last summer and had two plumbers "fix" the problem until now. Plumber #1 elevated the drain pipe to provide more vertical drop and increased the length of the stand pipe. He also tried to jet...

What is the standard for clothes washer drains? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the standard for rural washer drains?. Separate septic and drain field? Advised to place 55gal. Multiple perforated drum filled with golfball size rocks deep into ground with drain pipe entering into top? Thanks

View more questions Search