Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomhebert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 07:00 AM
    What would cause multiple element failures in a dual element electric HWH?
    We installed a 100 gallon dual element water heater tied to a whole house circulation system and have had 4 heating elements (both upper and lower elements) fail in the 6 months after installation. Could the problem be from the circulation pump having a short into the water, grounding to the elements?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2012, 07:39 AM
    What is the supply voltage and what is the voltage rating of the elements?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing element in water heater have to be the same watt element? [ 1 Answers ]

My water heater has 2- 4500 watt elements installed now. Went to find replacements. Could only find 3800 watt. The guy at home depot said it should not hurt just might not heat as fast. Is this correct or should I take these back?

How can you tell if the element has burned out on your electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace that is blowing cool air. It comes on and goes off according to the thermostat so that appears to be working but when it comes on the air coming out of the vents is quite cool and it won't heat the house past 16 Celsius. Is it possible that the element is partially...

Replace a water heater 120 element with a 220 element with proper wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Can I use a 220 heating element in a 110 water heater as long as the wiring is for 220. We had a 40 gal water heater 220 volts in a weekend cabin with one shower a complete over kill. Want to replace with a 20 gal 110 water heater but to take advantage of the 220 wiring can I just swap out the...

Dual element h2o heater... wiriing scheme? [ 3 Answers ]

Need a little help with 240v dual element schematic T

View more questions Search