Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twister10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Gas line on test
    Hello do you know how long we have to keep on test and how much pressure in gas line for inspection
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Hey Twister...

Unfortunately, that is a state/town specific answer.

In my area our natural gas is delivered at 1/2 P.S.I. so we are required to test our natural gas systems to 3 P.S.I. For 10 minutes (residential). We are also required to have a special gas gauge that reads in 1/10th P.S.I. increments... see picture.

Some states test at 10 P.S.I. some at 25 P.S.I..

In this case, I would recommend that you call a local plumbing inspector and ask him for specific details regarding test and test pressure and length of time the test is required to hold.

What specific application is this for? Did you add a new gas line? Are you testing the entire house after gas has been shut down for awhile? Finally, are you pulling a gas permit for the job?

Let me know.. O.K.

MARK
    Attached Images

Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:17 AM

Here it is 25 inside and 90 for underground line

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane/Gas Line pressure test [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Just found this forum, thanks all for creating! I have constructed an outdoor BBQ/Kitchen and I located a 100lb propane tank approx. 50 pipe feet from the point of use. I ran 1/2" black pipe with approx. 15 fittings. I pressure tested as per a plumbers advice with 15lbs of air for 15...

Plug in new sewer line to test for leaks [ 2 Answers ]

We are converting from septic to sewer. We are trenching from the house to the street and having a contractor connect from the sewer lateral to a cleanout within the property line. We will then lay the line from that point to the cleanout close top the house. The building inspector says we need to...

How do I pressure test a new gas line in home? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new gas line (Black iron) for propane boiler and I would like to pressure test. What's the best way to do this... what psi and for how long?

Gas line pressure test [ 4 Answers ]

I hate to be redundant on my first question here but I'm in a bit of a delimma. I have installed a black iron propane gas system in the house I am building by myself. (Retired and needed something to do and place to live) My propane supplier guy loaned me a gauge that you screw onto the end of the...

Faint Pregnancy test line [ 4 Answers ]

Am I still pregnant if the positive line is faint?

View more questions Search