Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Voltage doubler
    How do you figure out how big of a capacitor you need for a voltage doubler circuit? I am putting together one for a 250 VA 24 volt transformer.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2005, 03:20 PM
    Labman,

Found this website with a decent explanation and formula to calc the farad .

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/41215a.pdf

Starts on page 29.

See if this is what you are looking for. Otherwise I found a great deal of info on the net, searching " calculate voltage doubler capacitance"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage drops [ 10 Answers ]

We have an ongoing problems with our house lights experiencing "drops" or "dimming". Our electricity provider has tested all external connections and installed a monitor, with no problems found. We had multiple electricians inspect the circuit box and all connections, with no problems found. ...

Voltage Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker;there are a total of 7 receptacles on this circuit with a 15 amp GFI on the first receptacle. The first 5 receptacles in line work fine, the last two receptacles which are approximately 70 feet from the 5th receptacle flip the 15 amp GFI off when plugging in a drill. I...

Voltage drop. Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a rural, small cabin (aprox. 50 yrs. Old) on a co-op electrical grid. The main panel with circuit breakers was recently installed (before I got here, 100 amp service) but the wiring was not replaced. It's the old two-wire (no bare copper ground). When I run certain circuits (220 well...

Voltage drop [ 2 Answers ]

How far can you run an electrical cord, that is plugged into a 20 amp circuit, and still run a circular saw? If the saw starts slowly, will that harm the saw?

100 amp panel voltage [ 3 Answers ]

When looking for a problem with a double 15 amp circuit breaker, I measure the voltage at the 2 main feeds. One measured 115 volts and the other only 80 volts. Then disconnecting the main feeds from the 100 amp panel they both were 115 volts. My question is if this is caused by a loose neutral wire...

View more questions Search