Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwestbrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Garage Heater
    I have a ceiling mounted heater, 5000 watt, 220 volt with a heater mounted thermostat. I am interested in changing to a wall mounted 24 volt programmable thermostat. How do I accomplish this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 09:37 PM
    You will have to have a 24 volt transformer and a 2 pole 240 relay with a 24 volt coil. Just wire it up for the W terminal to control the coil of the relay. This will be much like The A/C compressor if you have A/C except use the W rather than the Y.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 09:37 PM
    It depends on what kind of gas valve your heater uses. If it is a 24 volt valve with two wires going to it then you can do it . Just take one of the wires off the gas valve and connect it to on wire of a two wire 18 gauge cable going to where ever you want to put the thermostat, connect the wires to the R. and W. connectors on the thermostat and then connect the second wire back to where you took the wire off the gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Garage heater vent [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a 45000 BTU space heater in my garage. This has a power exhaust. I am going horizontal with this about 3' to wall through wall then 1' past with cover outside. Do I have to use b-vent or can I use signal wall and a thimble through the drywall board and vinyl siding. I will have...

My garage [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is alex and I'm trying to make my garage into my new bedroom the garage is small made to sit one car. Im now trying to insulate the garage and I want to block off the door. What do I do about the gaps around the garage door? From there I am going to put a frame on the wall then put...

Garage Door [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my garage door. It does not matter what remote I use or If I use the key pad. The door will stop opening 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the way from opening up. Light works, and if you hit the button again, the door does go back down. If I keep trying, it will eventually open all the...

View more questions Search