Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiberius_Gracchus Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Lost a high school classmate to an Iraqi IED
    Learning of her death has touched me surprisingly deep.

Part of me wishes to push it aside thinking that my sorrow is nothing more than a self-indulgent pitty-party. Another part of me wants to shut down and escape from everyone I know and have become close to. I have three papers to write and a presentation to give as this week is college midterm week and I cannot find any reason to continue my academic studies.

I've lost ambition long ago and had become determined to find it... but the recent event has caused me to question the purpose.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is an insensible loss in and of itself, but remember that where there is loss, there is strength.

How close were you to this girl? How long since graduation? Were you close to her after graduation?

I, if anyone, understands the grieving process, but would your friend want you to just give up? I don't think so. Would she want you to continue? Yes, of course she would.

Life is hard for you right now, and that's okay. But you will overcome it. It will get better, I can guarantee you of that. It just takes time to allow the grieving process to run its course.

It won't be over in a day, a week, or probably in a month, but acceptance will come eventually.

Take time out to be sad, it's okay. But don't forget to remember the good things in life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

Freashman at high school [ 16 Answers ]

Well there are a couple of things... 1. what should I wear to the first day of school? 2. I'm just starting hs and ik a lot of people. But I've never gone to school w/ any of the kids going there. Some are nice and some are different. I like all the kids I know which is pretty much all the...

I like my classmate but she doesn't know [ 1 Answers ]

Last I went to sleep I received a text from her, but in the text she said to me that she is sorry for the way she been acting. She told me that she is confused and I'm a great guy also she said any girl will be lucky to have me. Do u think she doesn't want to talk to me anymore or she wants me to...

US Troops Torture Iraqi Citizens. [ 11 Answers ]

Why don't we see this on the news?

Iraqi Detainees [ 5 Answers ]

Over the last few years we have been told sad tales of detainees. After years of mistreatment does the government provide compensation? Is it a set rate? I know people who are jailed and released in America do not obtain fair compensation. I know I will never know the pain the detainees and family...

View more questions Search