Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caldo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Matching units
    I have a 4 ton a/c outside and a 3 ton coil or air handler up in my attic all goodman products. My compressor was grounded and now I being told that I need to replace everything. Two companies have came out to inspection, I just feel I am not getting the truth. I feel that they just want to make some money, they are telling my warranty company that they don't match and need to be replaced. What can I do to protect myself or get a honest answer?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 08:36 PM
    A 4 ton outside unit will not work with a 3 ton inside coil/airhandler. That is just the facts. The person or company that did that was wrong. Those are the facts.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 08:41 PM

Is this a heat pump system? The mis-matched capacity of your components has great potential to cause exactly what your system has been diagnosed with. An opposite mismatch with the proper metering device can actually result in improved dehumidification with no negative effect on system integrity. Are the two evaluations consistent with each other? While I cannot evaluate your system over the internet, the diagnosis you were given is very plausible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching the wires [ 1 Answers ]

I need wiring instructions. I have a Trane Weathertron thermostat and I want to replace with a Honeywell RTH7400. The Trane Weathertron terminals are as follows: B= Blue X2=Black W= White T= Brown G= Green O= Orange Y= Yellow R= Red

401k Matching [ 3 Answers ]

I have a questions regarding matching of 401k. I work for a hospital that was managed by one company until August 31 of last year. That company had a policy that they would only match the 401K one time a year in March the following year, but only if you were employed by that company on Dec 31. I...

Zodiac matching [ 63 Answers ]

Just a topic off the serious matters for a change ;-) I was never really into zodiac stuff until about 5 years ago when I met an indian friend who told me that in India most marriages are arranged by matching signs, like water and water, fire and fire etc. Back then I was seeing an Aries and...

Matching Coil - Trane XR-13 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on the price of a matching coil for a new Trane XR-13 A/C?

Matching A/C units [ 7 Answers ]

Do I have to match the outside unite with the inside unite? I have a Rudd sys. Right now the heat pump outside is gone out. Do I have to replace with the same brand or can I go with an other brand? I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx. Do I need to go back with Heat pump or can I just go back with a a/c...

View more questions Search