Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shangla cheese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Foreclosure of a Leased property
    What do you do if you're the tenant in this situation.
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Apr 17, 2008, 08:27 AM
    It depends on your lease and what state you live in.
    jchurch0371 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
    We never missed a payment and today we find a note on the door that the house has been forclosed. What are our rights
    jchurch0371 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Ohio and in addition we paid the water bill that the landlord hasn't paid
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 11:54 AM
    We should have only one question going on here so I ask jchurch to open a new post by clicking on ASK. I may have misunderstood, the names are different but this may be the same person. Shangla, your lease is most likely void due to the foreclosure but ask the bank that foreclosed if they will allow you to remain, they probably would like the income. I would start lokking for a new place ASAP since the bank will try to sell this property and you have no guarantee the new owner will want to rent or at what price. You no longer have a lease but watch for notices from the bank.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I am sorry this is happening to you, basically if the landlord can not fix or correct the problem, if and when the house is actually taken over by the bank ( in states where the foreclosure is merely done on paper no actual sale, or in other states when it is sold at the courthouse steps) at the point the ownershp charges, then your lease is voided and they may evict you if they want. The lease is valid until such times as the foreclsoure takes place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video taping leased property [ 2 Answers ]

I lease a property and have exclusive use of such ,is it legal for the land lord to install video cameras inside one of those building I lease example a barn. I live in Maryland

Permanent Upgrades to a Leased Property for Business [ 1 Answers ]

How do I categorize building improvements to a leased business space? What type of "expense" category do I list them in? For example, I paid for new carpet to be installed into my business offices. Also, does this affect any other accounts... equity, liability, or assets?

Upside down property -- seeking foreclosure [ 4 Answers ]

I owe 237,000 for a property worth ~70,000. Balloon due in 2 months – looking at foreclosure. Two of my “friends” approached me, and the three of us purchased a piece of property in the fort Walton Florida for 270,000 total & took out a 3-year balloon. I am current, but I know we can’t pay the...

Can I put a lien on property I leased/opt [ 7 Answers ]

10/30/07 Can I put a lien on a house my sister lease/opted me? Im out of state Its in Memphis, I live in Calif. She owes me construction costs $12000.00 I have all reciepts, she rented the house out and said "forget you".. Help what do...

View more questions Search