Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canadianzuzzie Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 04:05 PM
    120 baseboard thermostat
    Hi I am changing the thermostat for my baseboard heater (tried to go to program type but can't because there are none for 120 baseboard.. so I bought a simple one instead)... I have 120 volt and there are 2 wires from the wall... 1 red 1 white... there are 2 wires from the thermostat... 1 black and 1 red... which goes with which please? Red thermo. To red wall or red thermo to white in wall?
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Sep 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Red thermo to white.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat and electrical baseboard wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed 2 thermostat and 2 baseboards but none are heating... I wonder if my wiring is OK. I have 120 on both wires in the baseboard but no heat at all... here is a diagram of my wiring. The wiring in my baseboard is OK. On one side, I have 2 wires linked with a wirenut and on the...

Electric baseboard thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I need help replacing an old electric baseboard thermostat with a digital programmable one. Keep in mind, I do not know much about electricity/circuits, etc. The baseboard specs are 240V, 1000-1250W (two 1000W, one 1250W in the living room). They are running on a double pole, 20Amp circuit. I...

Wiring wall mounted thermostat-operating two baseboard heaters [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to heat my new garage with electric baseboard heaters. The new garage is 20X24 feet. I will be using one 240 V 2 wire circuit running two heaters at a total of 3800 watts. I would like to have both heaters controlled by one wall mounted double pole thermostat. How do I run the...

Baseboard Thermostat Woes! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing my baseboard heater thermostat with a new Honeywell unit. This is the 3rd one! I have 2, 10 foot 240V baseboard heaters hooked up to a 30 amp breaker. For some reason, I keep burning out the thermos or what I recently discovered is the thermo is getting hot, thus preventing it from...

Wire new thermostat to new baseboard htr [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 220V Hydrosil baseboard heater. It came with no thermostat, so I bought one locally that is rated for 220V. I am not an electrician. I am using 12/3 wire as my power source and the htr uses only 8.6 amps so they say. I have a Red, Blk, Wht and Ground wire coming in. The heater...

View more questions Search