Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngsdawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Monthly cost
    Suppose that your monthly cost for a telephone service is $24.95 plus $.0035 per minute of long distance. Let t represent the time (in minute) that you talk on the phone long distance and M(t) represent the cost in $ as a function of long distance minutes.

a. Write a formula, use the function notation in your formula
    b. evaluate and interpret M(80)
    c. How long could you talk and maintain a budget that allows for $40 budget

Would the formula be $24.95 +.0035(t)
    And M(80) 80 is the minutes and you just put that in the equation represnted by the (T)
    So how do you find the minutes when you have the $40 budget
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Yes, I believe so :)
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Apr 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
    For the $40 budget just set M(t) to $40 and solve for t.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Delay in monthly period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me, my age is 28, not married, previously I use to get my montly periods normal on date but past few months after my doctor have given me the tonic tablet to take for 3 months after stoping that tablet, my monthly period is delay by one month or one & half month, and because of...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early could I be pregnancy

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early not sure why Im usually onetime with my monthly. I do not think I could pregnant

Monthly period [ 6 Answers ]

I have irregular income monthly period. Sometimes my monthly period would come like in January and then come in march. And my period would come sometimes later then my time of schedule. What should I do to control my time of period.

View more questions Search