Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caslawyer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Small crack in skimmer of inground pool
    There appears to be a small crack in my skimmer. It is on the base/flat entrance area where the water enters. I seem to have more water behind the liner than I usually do when I open and assume it is a pressure crack from the ice this winter. Hoping I can take the water level down, apply some clear silicone to the crack. Any other suggestions or help would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 09:14 AM

Silicone would likely work but if this is rigid plastic I'd use a 2 part epoxy patch.
    Caslawyer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Silicone would likely work but if this is rigid plastic I'd use a 2 part epoxy patch.
    Thanks for this - I'll try it !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking skimmer on an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool and the skimmer is leaking could it be cracked?

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

A/G Pool skimmer opening damaged and won't seal. [ 2 Answers ]

A few years ago I had ice damage to the skimmer on my 27 ft round A/G pool. I replaced the skimmer and gaskets and it held for a few years. This year I had the liner replaced and water is leaking out of the skimmer. My pool guy is coming over to double up on the gaskets and he says that should...

Can I replace the skimmer in my above ground pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I replace the skimmer in my above ground pool with a through the wall skimmer? My current skimmer is one that hangs over the side. It is not a blow up ring pool. It has metal posts and frame that support it. It does not have metal sides.

View more questions Search