Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelly12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 11:37 AM
    Unusual bleeding
    I have a ob gyn question

I missed my period in march. I began to spot in the beginning of April pretty normal flow that lasted 8 days which is very odd for me because my periods usually last 4-5 days. Now today its April 16 and I started bleeding again on the 14th and it doesn't seem like its goning to stop anytime soon. My fiancé and I are sexually active and haven't been doing anything to prevent a child. Could I be pregnant of is my problems something bigger?
    john myers Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 08:47 PM
    Have you been wearing protection and yes its very possible that you could be pregnant. You can be pregnant and yet still have periods and or still bleed
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by john myers View Post
    Have you been wearing protection and yes its very possible that you could be pregnant. You can be pregnant and yet still have periods and or still bleed
    The OP (original poster) specifically stated that they're not doing anything to prevent pregnancy, so no, they weren't using protection.

Once a woman is pregnant she will not get a period, periods stop for the entire pregnancy. Now, a woman can have bleeding throughout pregnancy that is mistaken for a period, but it is not a period.

To the OP. The fact that you're bleeding heavily leads me to believe that you're not pregnant. It is possible, anything is, it's just not likely.

This heavy bleeding should be seen to by a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual bleeding [ 0 Answers ]

Hi goodmorning . I'm kind of stressed out OK I got my period sept 10 ( well it was kind of light ) but that's when it was suppose to come on . My period comes on every 34 days . I do have sex and me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive . Well on sept 29 I started to bleed and I don't expect my...

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am in a bit of a predicament.. I had not had a period for 5 months.. and then out of no where I got what I thought was my period.. but its been 8 days now and I'm still bleeding... Is this normal?. is it something I should be worried about?

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

View more questions Search