Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 06:15 PM
    I think my ferret may have just seizured?
    I just went to go fill up my ferrets food dish and my 13 week old kit was laying in the hammock with his head sticking out and he was shaking, I called his name and he didn't look at me and continued to shake, I shook his treat bag and the same thing. I then pet him and started whispering his name and within 5 seconds he stopped and looked at me. He is now playing with my other ferret and seems fine. But do you think it wad a seizure?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Hi, Emily94!

He very well could have had a seizure or maybe something else happened between him and the other ferret?

Has him acting strangely ever happened previously?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 08:04 PM

He was acting fine before, and now he's giving lots of kisses so he's acting more loveable now... I checked for dehydration (by pinching his skin) and he doesn't seem to be. His vet appointment is in 2 weeks... Should I try and get him in sooner?
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
    If you can get him in sooner, that would be better.

How long has there been another ferret in the cage with him, please?
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2010, 08:37 AM

I've had the other ferret for about 3 weeks, and then I got
    Him about 2 weeks ago. He was with other ferrets in the petstore also.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Do you think there is enough room in the cage where you keep both of the ferrets, Emily94?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 06:20 AM

The ferret could be epileptic...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a ferret. [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a ferret, I've always wanted one and think they would make an interesting pet. I'm just wondering what do you guys think? What are some pros and cons? What do you NEED to have? What would be some things ferrets WANT? It would be in a three or four level cage (Not to sure...

Getting a new ferret. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I am 14 and I am going to be getting a job this march. My mom said I could either get a ferret or a cat, I think I'm going to get the ferret just because they seem so much more fun. But I am wondering what the basic's ill need? And the size of cage?. also I have a female rabbit, and I was...

Timing how long a Ferret is in the room [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 Ferrets. They are cute and playful. I have noticed though between the three of them the poop on the average every 15 minutes. If my wife puts them in a room to play I can tell how long they have been there by the number of poops. Their poops are not out of the ordinary or 'sickly' looking....

What are some symptoms of a pregnant ferret? [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 males and 1 female. I do not know if they are fixed, but one of the males has been trying to get frisky with my female. She has been acting weird and nipping a lot. She is not as friendly and generally keeps to herself. This is not her usual personality. Could she be pregnant? What are the...

Feisty Ferret [ 1 Answers ]

I have a baby ferret (kit) and I am having a hardest time potty training him. I have tried a few things. I put his "stuff" in the litter box and will still use the restroom in other parts of his cage. I also moved his litter box to where he was using the restroom the most and he'll go somewhere...

View more questions Search