Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    effseven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Who's liable?
    Am I liable for my wife's debts if my name is not on her accounts? Sorry this has probably been asked many times
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 01:49 PM
    If you were living with her at the time and you both shared a house and other accounts, yes I would say you are responsible. When you go into a bargain and get married, it doesn't absolve either one of you from being responsible for each other. Now, on the other hand, if you both separated and divorced and the debts were accrued, then I would say you weren't responsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocked toilet - who is liable? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a renter in North Carolina. If the upstairs toilet in my apartment blocks up (first time) and floods, leaks through the dry rock ceiling to the floor below, water (sewerage, technically) is coming out the ceiling light and also dry rock is bulging, who is liable for what? The landlord for not...

Just how liable are we? [ 2 Answers ]

Back in October, we moved into a home that we thought we would be able to buy by April, but things of course, didn't work out. All we had with the owner was a purchase agreement contingent on the sale of the house in Baltimore and acquisition of adequate funds from the sale for a down payment. ...

Who is liable? [ 3 Answers ]

A week agao I went to a garage for gas & also asked the attendant to check my oil,when I drove away about a half mile ,my hood flew up and smashed my windshield in,after pulling over ,I immediately returned to the garage ,they refuse to pay for the damages to my vehichle saying my hood ;latch must...

Who's liable - if anyone? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: An obviously mentally handicapped individual pays for a brand new truck with $30,000 in cash. The salesman breaks into the guys home, steals $100,000 in cash, and gets caught (after the money's gone). Is the dealer liable? excon PS> Seattle PI - today.

View more questions Search