Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KRPOCHYLKO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
    My vehicle was stolen
    My spare keys were stolen and so was my vehicle am I covered under insurance for property loss and damage?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 09:10 PM
    Do you have theft coverage, full coverage? Did you report it to the police?
    KRPOCHYLKO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 09:11 PM
    I am fully covers with insurance and the police is who notified me that it was stolen and found.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 09:15 PM
    If it was found then it is not loss unless there were items stolen, You will have to see what damage was done. Did they tow it to a storage place?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Your car was stolen and then found, which means you don't have loss of property, it was recovered. If there were damages done then your insurance should cover that, but you won't get paid for the value of your vehicle since it was found.

The only property you would be recovered for is anything taken out of the vehicle when it was stolen. I hope you kept receipts if you had anything valuable in your car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 02:11 AM
    So what company do you have your car insurance with ?

Since the car is found, if you have full coverage on the CAR insurance, then damage to it, will be covered minus any deductable.

If the insurance company believes it was stolen.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2013, 03:09 AM
    Have you talked to your insurance carrier? We can't see your policy so we can't tell you what is covered or not. Call your carrier or agent and file a claim.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Never did get a reply to where the car is. IF the tow company got it you are going to have to pay towing and storage for each day it's there so you want to pick it up asap. Hopefully they just left it parked so you could pick it up without that expense
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:11 AM
    Just to be clear - damage to the car due to vandalism or from "joy riding" by thieves is covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance policy. So check with your insurance company to see what your specific coverage is, as well as the amount of the deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the speed of vehicle A when it impacts vehicle B [ 2 Answers ]

What is the speed of vehicle A when it impacts vehicle B which is travelling in the same direction at 10 mph and A makes B move 30 feet after impact?

My vehicle was stolen out a parking garage. [ 5 Answers ]

My vehicle was stolen out of the parking garage outside my apartment building. I have a reserved spot that I pay monthly for. There are 2 parking attendants on duty during business hours. This theft happened in broad daylight between 11:30 am and 1:15 pm while there were 2 parking attendants on...

Stolen vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

Hello could somebody please tell me if there is any help out there for people who buy a stolen vehicle and lose £10000 I had the vehicle insured but unfortunately it was on cloned plates and I did not realise until 3days after my insurance company did not want to no and I lost £10000 is there...

Payoff of a stolen vehicle [ 3 Answers ]

My truck was stolen 8 months ago. The insurance co is just now offering a "total loss payoff", truck value. It is only a few thousand and I still will owe around 8,000.00 on this vehicle to the bank. Do I still pay the note, how does that work. They claim the truck will be theirs if found, but...

Stolen vehicle, my liability [ 5 Answers ]

My husband leased a vehicle under his name shortly after we were married. Towards the end of the marriage, I secured a loan through a credit union and paid the vehicle off. The original title and paperwork were sent to my husband, who refused to transfer the title into my name. Subsequently, the...

View more questions Search