Ask
    tappusingh Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Employement Letter wordings and resignation issue
    Thanks For the help
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
    You signed a contract, you entered into an agreement. Your previous employer paid out considerable monies for you and all they asked for was one year of employment. One year only.

It is great you got this better job, you will need the extra money to pay back your first employer. No sympathy from me. Many others would gladly have taken your previous employer's offer and worked the year and be glad.

Yes, your previous employer can take legal action. You are the one who violated the terms of your employment, not them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Ok, you owe the money not only legally but also morally, You signed that you would pay them back if you quit within a year. So why are you surprised??

It was a legal contract once you signed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resignation via email [ 3 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry. Can I resign from a company via email and indicate that the resignation is effective immediately ? I do have another position to go to, and I do not want to go back to my old company. I am not working on any major projects and any outstanding work I can place on...

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

Need chacter letter [ 1 Answers ]

Need Any Information On Chacter Letter Writing. My Daughter Is Seeking Full Custody Of My Grand- Aughter And Needs A Letter Of Chacter From Me,the Grandmother.

Judement Letter / Answer Letter "In Process" [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons and did not act upon it in the 30 days ( I was seeking legal advise The Volunteer Lawyer Project is backed up). I am permanently disabled and have no real property. My social security check is direct deposited. I called the court and they said it hasn't been acted on and I...

Need help with letter [ 10 Answers ]

I need some help with writing a letter. The right words to say. Here's the story. This is long please bear with me... My best friend & I have been like sisters for the past 20 years. She is not very close to her own Mom and so my Mom has really been "her mom" all these years. Her Mom lives in...

View more questions Search