Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midwesthomowner Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Old home/Old wiring trying to update
    I found old ( what I think is BX ) flexible metal cable containing cloth covered wire ( two wires ) behind the medicine cabinet I am replacing. There was a splice in the middle. But the splice was only taped. I would like to replace this old wiring. Some places I can get to. Others I cannot. Is there a way to pull new wire?

Old house plaster and wood lathe.

Any suggestions?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:27 PM
    If you have attic or underneath access, It will make it much easier. Many times you can attach new wiring to old, pulling in place of. Very old houses usually sometimes no or little
    Use of staples. You may have to remove switch boxes, light boxes, and receptacle boxes to fish new wiring in wall, recessed cans make convenient way to get wires around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home wiring - receptacles [ 1 Answers ]

What happens when you discover the wire grouping both have the white wire AND black wire coming into a receptable hot and the other wire grouping coming into the receptacle has a white and black wire that is not hot? EDIT QUESTION! - My problem here is the wiring coming into the receptacle box has...

Wiring inside home phone [ 2 Answers ]

My kids make long distance calls even though we put a password by the supplier. There is a way to reconnect some wires inside the phone that don't dile 1, or 0 at the beginning, long time ago, the telephone provider employee explained to me but I forgot. I need to know how so I can put a secret...

Update old wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that was built in 1941. The previous owner did some work in the house, such as updated the kitchen and added on a bedroom. When he did the electrical he added copper to the existing aluminum wires among other issues. Would it be wise to get all new copper electrical wires...

Wiring new home t/stat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing my home thermostat.old t/stat are coded with numbers for wire hookup.old t/stat is a white rodgers 125-202.new t/stat is coded with letters... how do I hookup new t/stat?? any help is appreciated... thank you.

Wiring a new home [ 1 Answers ]

How many watts can you put on a 20 amp breaker?

View more questions Search