Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sizzara Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 01:14 AM
    Are my ex husband and his mother committing SSI fraud? Can I sue the SSA?
    I can't seem to get SSA to do anything about investigating, yet the information is all easily available and documented online. How much more €œin your face€ does a person need to be? He lives off his SSI (for ADHD or Bi Polor) while he runs a DJ business and gets paid under the table. I can't get his court ordered child support (due to his supposed disability and SSI status). My kids go to bed cold and hungry while their father drives a 2009 Audi A6, parties every day, lives in a 5 bedroom home next to lawyers and doctors. I have been trying to get SSA to hold him responsible and to help provide for our two boys for years. Please just take a moment to check out his various social media networks or just Google "djjefferyb" and it will be evident how he is, at the very least, abusing SSI if not going as far as committing fraud and a lawsuit is not that far from reality.

While we (my children and I) continually struggle to survive. SSA fails to do anything to stop such wasted funds.

*** personal info on third party delelted FC
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 02:41 AM

It looks to me that, instead of focusing on going after SSI, you should go directly against your ex. Get him jailed for intentional failure to pay CS, if you can prove what you have said.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2010, 11:29 AM

If he does receive SS Disabiilty have you taken your kids down to the Social Security office and signed up to have them get their monthly check off his disability benefits? Right there you probably could make out quite nicely if he receives a tidy sum from disability each month.

Nov 8, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Thank you for your answers. However he receives SSI benefits and I was told by SS that there is no help for children of parents on SSI only help for children with parents on another type of disability. He was ordered to pay $350 a month in child support in the divorce decree (which he never paid). However when he later played the SSI card a year later, the judge reduced his support to $30 a month for 2 kids.($15 each). Perhaps there is a way to appeal the change in support? The biggest issue to me is this, it's obvious (from being married to him for almost 9 years) that he is not disabled and is simply a con with his mothers help as a cover. While he is using SSI funds fraudulently to help support his indulgent lifestyle, we are left with no help or recourse.

Nov 8, 2010, 01:40 PM
    Comment on Sizzara's post
    I think that if SSA would investigate they would see this abuse quite easily. There are pages about him on Google. There has been for years. He doesn't try to hide it. I think that SSA should be held accountable for their neglegence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 09:31 PM

The issue is not really SSI but that you can not prove to family court his other income.

What you need to do is hire a PI to document his life style, his other jobs and then take the ex back to family court to explain where the money for his house, his cars and his life style come from, And then ask the court to order a much higher income due to his other income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 sisters committing serious immigration fraud. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me what to do... I know 2 filipina sisters, both scammers, borrowed a large of amount from me to use for their processing of visas and getting important Philippine documents. I was told that I'll be paid as soon as they obtain work in US but unfortunately until now I wasn't able to...

Can my sis in law be committing fraud [ 3 Answers ]

I have a brother who married an illegal and has 2 kids with her o her home but ever since they got married she still goes and spends the weekends at her mom every weekend and some times weeks her mom picks he up and brings her around payda only and takes her back to her home now she is 31 yr old......

SSI fraud [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible for someone who has been in this country for 3 years to collect SSI disability because of diabetes? This person does not take insulin, just tablets. Thank you

SSI fraud? [ 8 Answers ]

My neighbors wife/mother has been in the hospital since January. They have been collecting her SSI as well as the fathers (he lives in the house). He is too old and sick to do anything about anything. The son and his girlfriend and her three babies live there as well. The girlfriend spends all the...

Ssi fraud [ 4 Answers ]

My question is, my wife is the durable power of attorney for her mom. She is in a nursing is it legal for my wife to use her moms ssi money for her own personal gain, can she write checks to her self and then sigb her moms name

View more questions Search