Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Three negative hpt's and still no period!
    About two months ago I stopped taking my birth control pill because my husband and I are trying to conceive. Last month, I got my period like normal. This month I am almost a week late. I know for sure that I had my peak ovulation on January 22nd, and my hubby and I had intercourse frequently around that time. I haven't had any breast tenderness, which I know is an early symptom of pregnancy, but I have been fatigued, bloated and this morning I felt nausea. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests, all negative, the most recent being yesterday. I have also been under a lot of stress lately. (my mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor.) I thought perhaps my period is delayed due to the stress, but am I correct in understanding that if I ovulated there should be a period within 15 days? I've read that stress, recently going off the pill, along with other factors, (rapid weight change, etc.) can cause late ovulation or anovulation, but can stree delay a period when ovulation still occurred? Do you suggest going to my gp for a blood test, or should I wait a few more days to take another hpt? Please advise!
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Feb 10, 2006, 05:59 PM
    I would see the ob... it couldn't hurt... but that's the prob with ne method of birth control... I can take 3 months or more for your ovulation to *** back to normal as well as periods... if you don't get pregnant this time around then you can buy ovulation predictor tests and they will tell you when you are ovulating... they don't cost much at all and walmart walgreens etc sells them...
    fhforever19 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
    I am on the same page as you are I came off my patch 2 months ago and in Jan. it came normal, but this month it came a week early due to my stress of moving. You might not have gotten AF due to the stress that you are having right now. Maybe when you become a little less stressed it might come. Or it just might be your cycle being a little screwy since you came off the pills.
    Godd luck and keep us posted!

Feli
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
    As none of use here are doctors your best bet would be to take that trip to your OBGYN because there you will get an answer from a professional, I am sure he or she will be better able to shed light on what is going on and yes, the blood test is a really good idea, I wish you the best of luck (O:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Negative thoughts [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am feeling really low at the moment. I often feel that I am alone and find it difficult to trust people. Negative thoughts keep coming into my head, telling me that my boyfriend is lying to me, or seeing someone else, doesn't really love or care about me. I am...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Negative Results [ 1 Answers ]

What are the chances that negative results on a home pregnancy test are false? When of course the test is taken a few days after a late period.

View more questions Search