Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amagapeyton2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 01:18 PM
    I want to get married to someone in the county jail
    How do I marry someone in the county jail?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 01:52 PM

I have to ask, why not wait until they're out of jail?
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 06:53 PM

Well first they have to be realeased. Then you can procedee from there but I doubt you can get married "In jail". Good Luck!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Um, join them there?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 07:54 PM

Of course the joke on join them, we know women and men can not be housed in the same cell blocks

But while some prisons make arrangements for marriage, most jails do not, first since jail is normally a holding area for less than 12 months.

But if you wanted to, you would have to request permission of the chief jailor, the administor or the sheriff, depending on who is actually operating the jail.
    kayjay09 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:59 PM

I don't think it is allowed, not in most jails anyway. But, why not wait 'til they get out? What's the rush? I'm sure the wedding experience would be a lot more pleasant outside of the jail. :) either way, good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:10 PM

In my area of NY the County jail DOES allow/permit weddings. The City jail does NOT.

Prisoners, particularly those being tranferred, are often married before they are moved.

Obviously varies by State and possibly City.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation issue resulting in county jail? [ 4 Answers ]

I am in Ohio however my case is in KY. Per an earlier post It sounds like the consensus is that I should expect punishment in the form of jail time. SOOOOOOOOO... my question is... what should I expect in county jail. I am a 37 yr old woman who has never even been arrested. NO drugs or...

County Jail Classifications [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is currently incarcerated in the county detention center... His classification type has changed recently from GP to GP (KT) IO and I was just curious to know if anybody could tell me what this means? Thanks in advance.

How to stop mistreatment in a county Jail [ 5 Answers ]

HI My boyfriend was put in jail about a month ago for a probation violation a positive urine with four months left on probation. Anyway he understands he screwed up to an extent. For he is also Bipolar and marijuana is about the best medicine for him. SO he only excepts so much responsibility. ...

Marrying someone in a county jail [ 1 Answers ]

There are reasons that it has to be before the person gets out. I just want to know how to accomplish this?

Marrying someone who's in a county jail [ 1 Answers ]

How would someone go about marrying someone who's in a county jail? What procedures do you have to go through and how do you find someone to do the marrying?

View more questions Search