Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faithey123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 07:11 PM
    My Parents Got Divorced?!
    Hi, You See My Parents Got Divorced a little bit a go And I Barely Get 2 See My Dad :( , But That's Not The Problem My Moms got a boyfriend She Met On A Website Called singlesnet.com So She Hasn't Met Him But Her Attitude Has Changed Soooo Much & It Feels Like She doesn't Love Me Any More :'( She talks to him like 4 hours a day whether its on the phone,text messages,or on the computer. It pisses Me off!! I'm still not even close 2 being recovered from The Divorce! & I Can't Tell Her That I Think She Needs 2 Wait On A Relationship Because She Thinks I Don't Know About Her Boyfriend. PLLZZZZZ Help Me! Any Pointers??
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 07:14 PM

First off how old are you? How long have they been divorced? And why is it your barely seeing your dad?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Well you seem old enough to know how to monitor her.

You know the website she visits; do you check to see what she's doing online? Read her texts? Listen in on conversations?

Why go to all that trouble, which, if you are, won't get you anywhere.

It seems that you have found out your mother is enjoying a new relationship. Your parents are divorced, and you should expect that.

What seems out of balance here, is that you cannot express yourself to your mother, and you need to talk to her. And your father as well in order to see him more.

Try asking her simply if the two of you can talk alone. Tell her you're feeling weird about things and then tell her what they are. Maybe the new boyfriend, the time she spends with him, the lack of time she spends with you. Tell her that the time she is spending with her boyfriend leaves you feeling very left out, and you are lonely for her. You may think you are powerless or that it is not appropriate for you to talk to her about such things, and it may even be uncomfortable. But, you need to.

What you are doing instead is finding reasons she isn't spending more time with you, by the checking up. Use that energy instead to just talk to her. Write her an email about things if you are more comfortable doing that. Write out a letter, and leave it on her pillow. Anything comfortable to you, to communicate with her.

You will have successI"m sure. She may be thinking you are okay with everything because you haven't said anything. Same with your dad. Do the same, send him an email, or write him a letter, or the next time you are together, ask him if the two of you can spend more time together.

It is not good to keep anything inside, it will only eat at you. Please start, just by talking, to your mother.

Let us know how it goes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 10:32 AM

Her dating habits is really NONE of your business and when you get a boyfriend latter ( assuming you are a girl) you will be on the phone with him for hours and hours.

So honestly butt out of her business. Be happy she has found someone.

Also the issue and problems with mom and dad may have been there for years and years, and she may need to just have some fun for a bit also.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 06:12 PM

I thin you need to talk to your mom let her know how you feel about this situation. Maybe she thinks you are handling it better than you are.
    Why are you not seeing your dad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who's parents are not Divorced [ 28 Answers ]

I was talking to my friends (we are all under 35) and I realized I am the only one with parents who are still married. One of my friends parents aren't together because his mother passed when we were kids (but his dad was cheating on her anyway) and everyone else's parents are divorced. So are...

My parents are getting divorced, what do I do? [ 35 Answers ]

Hi, First let me apologize if this is too long or annoying, I just really need help. To sum this up my parents have been married for about 20 years now. I am their oldest child (male, 16) and there's my little sister (14). My dad went on holiday for about 2 weeks and came back 2 days ago. He...

Divorced parents [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married and my husband and I are divorced but on friendly terms. He remarried last year; I am on my own. The wedding is being held in the village he now lives in and at the church he was married at- all rather difficult for me, but it is my daughter's choice and obviously...

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Divorced parents [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's daughter is getting married. Her mother is not married, but living with someone. At the wedding the daughter would like her mom and dad to dance together. Is this proper etiquette. My husband wanted me to find out the correct procedure. Thank you

View more questions Search