Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradsmith6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:29 AM
    I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning on my AC Luxaire unit for th
    I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning on my AC Luxaire unit for the first time. Normal air is blowing out of the vents. I turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees on Cool and checked the outside unit to see if it was running (it works). Air (not cold) is blowing. How can I fix?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 07:31 AM

May be low on freon, or compresor may not be running. Go out side and see if you here the hum from the compressor or just the fan spinning.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2010, 08:22 AM

Call a service company to come out and work on the unit. Honestly if you are not trained in this, It could be many things.

I guess I wonder why you did not turn on every item in the home to see if it worked ( before you bought it) and next did you not get a home inspection done.

But beyond that why you did not turn everything on within a few days of moving into a new home.

But if you are not a person trained in air conditioner work, have the proper tools, you need to call a service company
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Call a service company to come out and work on the unit. honestly if you are not trained in this, It could be many things.

I guess I wonder why you did not turn on every item in the home to see if it worked ( before you bought it) and next did you not get a home inspection done.

But beyond that why you did not turn everything on within a few days of moving into a new home.

but if you are not a person trained in air conditioner work, have the proper tools, you need to call a service company
    Why would you try the ac in the winter? Plus it may have even worked then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I recently just had a baby 3 weeks ago could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I recently just had a baby 3 weeks ago could I be pregnant again. We have had unprotected sex.. Is it possible to be pregnant again, and what is the likely hood of this occurring..

I have recently had drive blockpaved 2 months ago there is lot of white powdery stuff [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had front drive blockpaved 2 months ago and noticed now there is lot of white powdery stuff on the bricks how can I get rid of it. It is going in a sort horizontal fashion across my front door, about 2 feet away from front door. The sand has not been put down yet. But will do...

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

Bought a car a year ago [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a car about a year ago. I got it financed. After a few days the car dealer said that the car had to be inspected because it had been wrecked. We did what he said and the car didn't pass. We can't get a tag for it which means we can't drive it. We have been trying to get him to either...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

View more questions Search