Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerry Triggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Price Pfister faucet
    I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open... say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying.
    Please help!

Jerry Triggs
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:49 PM
    What are you planning to do if you get the button off?
    Give us a little more information about the faucet. Most of the Price Pfister faucets are warranted for life and they will give you a new cartridge if that is what it needs. Sometimes that is the easiest thing to do is put in a new one.
    If you still have the literature about the faucet look at it and it might give you some hints
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Letmetellyoustupid is right, take the faucet off an d return it to the store you bought it at , hope you have the receipt still . Getting that button off will not help. The button does just pop out ,I usely use my pocklet knife. GOOD luck F.B.E.
    Peter Vaughan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Triggs
    I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open...say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying.
    Please help!

Jerry Triggs
    I wrote this to my son, two days ago. It applies to you, Jerry. In short, cut your losses and buy a Kohler. Peter Vaughan

We finally threw out that free, replacement Price Pfister faucet from the kitchen. It was an expensive pest, just as the original was. The handle kept dropping and shutting off the water. The manual said that if this happened, it needed a new cartridge. And the replacement faucet was NEW! I wrote to the Price Pfister people for a free replacement cartridge under warranty, but they ignored me - twice.
    Buy a Kohler faucet.. Peter Vaughan
    Peter Vaughan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
    I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open...say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying.
    Please help!

Jerry Triggs
    I wrote this to my son, two days ago. It applies to you, Jerry. In short, cut your losses and buy a Kohler. Peter Vaughan

We finally threw out that free, replacement Price Pfister faucet from the kitchen. It was an expensive pest, just as the original was. The handle kept dropping and shutting off the water. The manual said that if this happened, it needed a new cartridge. And the replacement faucet was NEW! I wrote to the Price Pfister people for a free replacement cartridge under warranty, but they ignored me - twice.
    militarybrat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Please help!

Jerry Triggs
    Try taking the logo off (pops off) and then there should be a screw under it. Tighten the screw. This worked for me--hope it works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price Pfister 26 Series Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I recently intalled a Price Pfister 26 series kitchen faucet. The faucet seems to work correctly, except that the flow out the faucet is low. Also, the flow from the spray nozzle is greater than from the faucet. I have checked the system pressure to be 40 to 50 psi, so I know that is not the...

Price Pfister 533 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister 533 with a leak. I have taken off the handle but I can't figure out what to unscrew/take off next. The Price Pfister site is down!

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

Old Price Pfister parts [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old bathroom shower/tub faucet that needs some parts. How do I identify the parts. I have pictures. I need the cartridge and handle. Doe anyone know of a website or place that specializes in older model parts? This faucet is at least 30 years old - Price Pfister. Thanks Greg

Price pfister [ 2 Answers ]

Recently installed 1 knob shower faucet made by price pister . Problem here is the tub spout has plenty of flow but when you pull the knob for the shower the pressure isn't that strong . Any ideas on how to get more pressure from shower. Thanks for any info, Ryan p.s. I used 1/2 copper

View more questions Search