Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimezze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Washing machine discharge
    I recently insatlled a new utility sink, my washing machine discharges into the sink, when it discharges it splashes all over the floor, is there anything I can attach to the discharge hose to prevent the splashing? Thanks jimezze
    PoliticallyCorrect Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Best plan is to hold the hose during a discharge cycle and move it around to see what position it needs to be in to stop the splashing. It may need to be higher, against the side, closer to the drain. Once you find out what works, you will be able to make the necessary changes.

If there is no position that works, you will need to plumb it in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine discharge, standpipe [ 14 Answers ]

Last week our washing machine drain overflowed. The plumber tried to snake it out, but the problem only became worse (i.e. no flow at all any more). He opened up the drywall and discovered a very corroded cast iron pipe going horizontally from the standpipe via a trap to a T at a vertical pipe...

Washing machine discharge goes into sink [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch. The toilet and shower are backed up to the laundry room. The sink and the washer use the same discharge pipe. When the washer drains, the water backflows into the sink and out onto the bathroom floor. The plumber has been here twice and installed a vent in the pipe but it...

New washing machine discharge standpipe [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting in a new washing machine tomorrow, and would like to ask how much higher should the standpipe be? I am including a link with 2 pictures of how it is presently.(I have moved the electrical receptacle). In the picture, the distance from the top of the standpipe to the bottom of the...

Washing machine discharge volume [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. I have a septic tank under the slab of my house. Occasionally, the tank becomes full (I pulled the downstairs toilet once, and the water level in the 3" pipe was at floor level). This happens only when there are many people in the house and laundry is being done. After a day or...

Washing Machine Discharge Hose Length [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to move my washing machine from its current position, directly in front of our utility tubs. The new location will require a discharge hose close to 15' long. (The washer inlet hoses will be about as long, too.) Is there any problem with this? Where can I get this length of...

View more questions Search