Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Doctor's Fee
    I wonder with so many doctors not taking Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans.

Is there that many younger patients available to supply the necessary income
    To keep the doctors in their copious lifestyle. I figured the large percentage of their patients were seniors?

Am I wrong?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Copious lifestyle? If YOU attend medical school for 8 years, and spend over $250,000 for your education... and then have to make enough to pay for the rent, the support staff, the equipment... and everything else... a Doctor is lucky to have broken even by their 20th year in practice.

Instead of your iPhone and $300 a month cell phone bill, your $150 cable TV bill and your bigger than you need car and what you spend going out with your friends partying... you could have paid for your own health insurance.
    Judging by the condecending tone, have you even attended college yourself to get a better job? And how much do you feel your time is worth? And what special skills have you earned to make yourself worth more than someone without an advanced degree?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim child tax credit, daycare fee, tuition fee and mortgage interest? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Canadian. I work in US but live in Canada. I commute to work everyday. I have two daughters: one is 11 years old and the other is 23, who is a graduate student in US. Both live with me. I filed 1040nr every year. My questions are: 1) Can I get child tax credit and deduct daycare fee for my...

Legal fee/filing fee as misc expense [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I and my husband intend to file joint return. We will itemize deductions. We have some H1 and employer based filing fee and attorney fee for our green card. Can I deduct that under misc. deductions ? Since it is employment based, it is not a "personal" legal fee. Which forms should I use...

Mad at doctor's office! [ 8 Answers ]

Well, I have waiting 2 months so far for my mammogram. This is getting ridiculous! I went in after I found it in October, they told me to come back after a menstrual cycle. The lump was still there, so they recommended a mammogram. I go to the free clinic since I don't have insurance. The...

Is it legal for TX apts to charge late fee PLUS concession fee? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my apt complex going on 5 years. Last month I was late paying my rent a couple of days because I was out of town on business. When I got back and called to get the total amount due, it was an outrageously high amount of money. When I asked him to break down the charges, he said...

Doctor's Bill [ 3 Answers ]

Last spring, I had a toothache and went to a dentist for evaluation. The finding was that a wisdom tooth was impacting a back molar and the wisdom tooth needed to be pulled while the molar needed to have a root canal and capped. The dentist forwarded me on to an oral surgeon who was outside of...

View more questions Search