Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabenormal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
    Gay or bisexual I don't know
    Hey I'm 21 m from australia
    Ever since I was like 12 I've been sexually active towards other guys I've had sex with girls but I don't like it.. it doesn't satisfy me at all..
    But I want the straight life wife,kids,house and it all but I just can't do it.
    All my friends are homophobics and hate gays but they accept me... im 99 percent sure I'm gay well I've been with a lot of guys and only about 6 girls...
    I never fantisise about woman only guys...
    And I've only recently told my parents and they have never brought it up since I told them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 08:19 AM
    First I challenge the term homophobic, no one is scared of gays or homosexual. Many people because of morality values, don't believe it is a proper life style, but they are not scared of them. And I don't beleve hardly anyone actually hates gays, they merely don't want that life style to invade their world.

But even people who don't like the homosexual lifestyle as a valid choice, will still like on a one to one basis a friend who is that way. I would say if you told your friends they would all say of course you are, we all knew it.

And if you don't like girls why would you WANT a wife and kids and a house. ( and at least in the US gays are allowed to own houses and adopt kids)

I personally don't agree with the life style but I also believe you have to be who you are for the right reasons. One you don't ruin the life of some lady getting into a marriage you don't really want.

And it appears you are already sexually active with guys ( the a lot of guys worry me) since even in the gay lifestyle it is not a free for all party of sex but still the desire for long term relationships with a person you care about.

And you may lose a friend or two, but I bet you really won't
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Hi there,
    My question is why do you think you want the straight life with wife, kids, and home? Do you think that because society believes it is still the norm?
    I agree with Father Chuck on the having sex with other guys - does not show much restraint on your part and opens you up for way tooooooo many problems sexually with diseases (HIV, genital herpes, STDs, etc). If you have not heard the "rule" - it is not just who you sleep with - but that person's sex life is also brought into the situation (who they have been with, as well as your own sex life). You are not just having sex with one guy - but the last seven he has had sex with and vice versa.
    Are you sure your friends are truly homophobic? You said they seem to accept you - have you told them about your orientation? About getting married - it would not be fair to marry a woman to fulfill your idea of a straight life. Unless she knew and agreed. I do know that those arrangements exist - I have a cousin in one such marriage. To each their own.
    I would work more on concentrating my own self identity and not so much on the sex partners. You deserve the best so treat yourself the best. Have you been to see a therapist experienced in dealing with sexual matters? Talking through your own situation and hearing it come back to you can lead to some development of insight and acceptance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Yes, a person reading a lot of my posts would think I was the worlds worst bigot and hater of gay rights ( I am only against gay marriage)

But I do have friends who are gay, I have been invited to gay neighbors homes for BBQ and open houses. I had good friends in high school that was gay.

Most honestly would rather me be honest about what I think and feel than talk about them behind their back like too many accepting people do.

So you are really prejudging your friends ( like you think they will you) by not being open about who you are.

If you want a family find that right person ( who is right for you) and be the family and relationship you feel right for you.
    Ok some people are not going to like it, I may even march to stop you from getting married, ( but that is my right to do also)
    But no one should stop you from being you.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
    wannabenormal

You are normal, you're just not straight. Sexual orientation is only part of who and what you are. Gay or straight, there's more to life than sex, so don't worry about it so much.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 11:32 PM
    shygrneyzs,
    Under the circumstances mentioned by wannabenormal I agree with you and he does need to see a professional therapist.
    His moniker says a lot about why he should see one.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    lilmizzbi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
    Look I like both guys and girls sweet and I am married and my hubby don't care he dose if he don't fell its right to him or me but stay true to who you are and don't change you can still have the wife and kids but mite be you and your hubby you never know your not strange or odd your you and I hope you find what your looking for even if not a she it's a he
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
    lilmizzbi, :) :) :)
    After reading and thinking about your post it seems to me that you should go back to school and learn how to write English and also see a professional shrink soon.
    Please consider both suggestions as friendly advice.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 19, 2006, 04:55 PM
    I was brought up to call men like you fruity... sweet but weak... no... do not waste a woman's time... go the direction you are met to go... you know you are... you knew you can't get a woman horny... and stop wasting a woman's time with your need to impress your manly men... I donot like the man show... for it is full of fools... so stop the jumping around... your friends will hate you... Ohhh... find new ones...
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 11:32 AM
    LUNAGODDESS, the moonmaid
    I fear your journey will be long and fruitless.
    LOL
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 21, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    LUNAGODDESS, the moonmaid
    I fear your journey will be long and fruitless.
    LOL

I notice that I challenge a lot of the old guard on this site... you got an issue with me personally... that is what your response... reads like... fruitless... funny... I did not justify your personal attack... if you do not like my opinion... why don't you explain yours... and then be done with it...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 10:10 AM
    LUNA,

This may give you some insight:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member...tml#post202343
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 21, 2006, 10:21 AM
    lilmizzbi, :) :) :)
    After reading and thinking about your post it seems to me that you should go back to school and learn how to write English and also see a professional shrink soon.
    Please consider both suggestions as friendly advice.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Name:  skpropsl.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  28.9 KB
    Keep spreading that kindness Fred. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabenormal
    hey im 21 m from australia
    ever since i was like 12 ive been sexually active towards other guys ive had sex with girls but i dont like it..it dosent satisfy me at all..
    but i want the straight life wife,kids,house and it all but i just can't do it.
    all my friends are homophobics and hate gays but they accept me ....im 99 percent sure im gay well ive been with alot of guys and only bout 6 girls...
    i never fantisise about woman only guys.....
    and ive only recently told my parents and they have never brought it up since i told them
    You sound so confused, as are many 21 years olds' today, gay or straight. So before you go jumping into something that will effect others so profoundly find out who you really are, and what you really want. I have seen many gay men who deny their sexuality, and marry and make children , then find themselves, and all of a sudden in an effort to be who they really are, reek holy havoc on the ones closest to them, the wife and kids. Know yourself, and at least be honest, and think of others lives as you live your own. To do otherwise is selfish , uncaring, and destructive and most of al cruel.
    cool life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 01:20 AM
    Be yourself, wannabenormal.

Lead your path yourself rather than others to justify your act.

The world is not just for those normal, straights or homo. It is shared. Sharing that provides and produces love and emotion.

Cheers
    shadyslady313 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabenormal
    hey im 21 m from australia
    ever since i was like 12 ive been sexually active towards other guys ive had sex with girls but i dont like it..it dosent satisfy me at all..
    but i want the straight life wife,kids,house and it all but i just can't do it.
    all my friends are homophobics and hate gays but they accept me ....im 99 percent sure im gay well ive been with alot of guys and only bout 6 girls...
    i never fantisise about woman only guys.....
    and ive only recently told my parents and they have never brought it up since i told them
    Well I'm only 17 and might not know much about it but I just want to tell you that I respect and accept you I dt know you but last year I did a speech about gays and how I thought it was OK and should be excepted by everyone and yea I know that it never will be but it makes me so mad that people get so involved in not likeing gays and protesting on gay marriages I totally believe if you love someone you should be with them no matter what race,sexuality don't matter.. soi give you a lot of credit.. well comment back if you wish
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 03:20 PM
    shadyslady313,
    TO EACH HIS OWN OPINION!!
    But I prefer moral opinions very much unlike yours.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 30, 2006, 03:26 PM
    In regard to Arcura,
    There is nothing reasoned or moral about discriminating against the many on the purported actions of a few. ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2006, 04:02 PM
    shadyslady313,
    TO EACH HIS OWN OPINION!!!
    Where the hell did that come from??
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 04:45 PM
    shadyslady313,
    TO EACH HIS OWN OPINION!!!
    It takes a moral person in my opinion to tell how they feel in the face of one so MORAL as yourself, kudos shadylady, what a low cheapshot arcura.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my boyfriend gay? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi need some advice please went out last night as I do every Friday to local with my boyfriend and week after week when he's had a drink he flirts with men he touches their nipples and feels their asses he says he's just having a laugh but I kind of worried now and people commenting on it. My best...

How do you know if your boyfriend is gay? [ 18 Answers ]

My friend just told me she suspects that her boyfriend is gay. She said he's kind of soft on his actions and on how he says things. And he seems to be very interested on guys. Gives good looking guys a second look at the malls, etc. They had sex already and she doesn't seem to have a problem...

Gay, staight, bi... what am I? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 20 and in uni! Ever since I was about 13-14 I've cought myself looking at lads when changing for p.e or swimming. From that even I would say I'm gay, but I'm also attracted to women as well. I've only had three girlfriends and none of them lasted past three months. I've never done anything...

View more questions Search