Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodguytruck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Blower motor turns on and off
    I have a combo roof unit. I have replaced both the capacitors for the compressor and conderser fan, and for the blower motor. The compressor and condenser fan work fine and stay on like they should. However the blower motor turns on and off repeatedly. Sometimes it will stay on for 5-10 min, some times less than a minute but when its on it does blow cold air, and when it turns off the compressor stays on. What could this be? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Could be a defective blower motor triping on the built in overload.

Way to test is to hook meter to power supply line for the motor. When motor shuts off check meter to see if voltage is still present. If voltage present when motor is not running the motor is defective.

If the voltage is not present when motor stops running you will have to back track the voltage supply to a relay or circuit board to find the real problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starter turns but will not turn motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mtd 12.5 hp riding mower... I have done all tests on switch solenoid and by passed these and the starter mower will take off but when it engages to flywheel it seems to stop turning... the flywheel is not hard to turn therefore I'm thinking it still might be starter... the starter turns...

Furnace turns on but blower does not. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my nordyne mmha-077aahr-01 gas furnace turns on but the blower doesn't. The furnace motor turns on for about 30 seconds then turns off then turns on again for 30 more seconds then turns off and this continues to happen for about 3 minutes and then the control board blinks a red light three...

Pre Flame motor turns on No Spin [ 3 Answers ]

My pre-ignition motor clicks on but will not spin. The motor spins freely by hand. Not hanging up on anything. Is the motor bad? Can I fix it myself by taking the motor apart? Could it be brushes in the motor? Please help. Thank you!

Blower on furnace is possessed - turns on by itself [ 15 Answers ]

The blower on my Goodman gas furnace came on all by itself tonight? Every 5-10 minutes the blower turns on for approx 1 minute then turns off by itself. Then the cycle repeats. I verified that the thermostat is in the off position (no heat/no cool) and that the fan switch was set to auto. I...

Furnace blower turns on and off [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace comes on and heats properly. After it turns off the blower kicks on and off several times more times.

View more questions Search