Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mannyburgos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Furnace turns on but blower does not.
    Hello my nordyne mmha-077aahr-01 gas furnace turns on but the blower doesn't. The furnace motor turns on for about 30 seconds then turns off then turns on again for 30 more seconds then turns off and this continues to happen for about 3 minutes and then the control board blinks a red light three times and nothing comes back on. The only way the blower comes on is if I put the switch to the on position but it won't work on the auto position. I tried putting the thermostat to the fan on position and nothing happens. I tested the voltage at the thermostat between the 120v line and the fan wire and it shows 120v and I tried jumping the wires 120v and the fan wire and nothing happened. I wonder if the problem could be with one of the limit switches. How would I go about testing the limit switch or can you please suggest something for my problem. Thank you manny burgos
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Pressure Switch Closed with Inducer On = 3 FLASHES

Check pressure switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burner shuts off before blower turns on [ 1 Answers ]

My 4-5 year old rheem furnace has a problem. Everything seems fine until the burners start up. They fire up, but only stay on for about 3 to 8 seconds, then the blower turns on but only puts out cold air. I don't think it's an ignitor problem because the burner always ignites. It just started doing...

Goodman furnace blower buzzes, doesn't blow and then turns off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wonder if someone could help me out. I recently came home and noticed a bad smell in the house. I wondered if it was gas, but my wife described it as a burning rubber smell. This is what is happening. The furnace turns on. The flames are burning real good and...

AC Compressor turns on, no furnace blower with new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a simple 4 wire, 1 stage cooling, 1 stage gas heat system. Over the winter I replaced my Honeywell CT3200 programmable thermostat with a Totaline Wireless Thermostat System. The receiver is model P474-1100REC. The sender is model P474-1100RF. The thermostat worked great through the...

Blower on furnace is possessed - turns on by itself [ 15 Answers ]

The blower on my Goodman gas furnace came on all by itself tonight? Every 5-10 minutes the blower turns on for approx 1 minute then turns off by itself. Then the cycle repeats. I verified that the thermostat is in the off position (no heat/no cool) and that the fan switch was set to auto. I...

Furnace blower turns on and off [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace comes on and heats properly. After it turns off the blower kicks on and off several times more times.

View more questions Search