Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuckerichard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Custody Battle
    My godson is seeking joint custody of his daughter. He pays child support and wants the courts to tell the mother she can not take the daughter out of town to live no matter what.
    What are his changes of getting the request order in court?
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 30, 2006, 01:31 PM
    The father has rights and it is his child too... the child needs to be in contact with both parents... but the mother can move to another state without his permission... but child needs to stay within a proper distance from the father... the father has no control over the mother's career... mama does not need to think that she is a bad mother just because she wants a career... and neither should your godson promote such an idea into the child mind... The child's mother should not allow any one to control her life... the child will be fine if left with daddy... But must allow the mother contact her baby every day... have the school send her information about the child's progress... etc... she needs to know everything about the child... most fathers are not prepare for the responsibility that goes with raising a child... the court can order what ever... it depends on the needs of the household... are both making enough money to raise this child... if not the court has no choice but to make a judgement in favor of the interest of the child... IF THE COURTS SENSES A NEGATIVE CONTROL ISSUE ON THE FATHER PART... THE COURT WILL FAVOR THE MOTHER... HIS COMPLAINT SHOULD BE SUPPORTED BY FACTS... NOT EMOTIONAL ISSUES.. IF HE CANNOT DO THAT... LET THE WOMAN GO AND MAKE A LIFE FOR Their CHILD... HIS CHANCES ARE UP TO HIM... Also, if the father has a substance abuse problem or had been abusive to the mother and or child(this goes both ways)... the chances and slim... good parents... but not in love with each other... keep it like that in court... show the court the interest of the child is important to your life... oh by the way how often does your godson see his child... that effort is place in consideration... petition the court for visitation before demanding anything else... any other motion will be considered immature on the part of your godson... good luck
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 06:09 PM
    It would depend on the circumstances surrounding the case. As long as he's a fit father I'd say his chances of getting joint custody are pretty good. He may be hard-pressed to convince a judge to prevent the mother from moving out of town, however. He may get an order that she can't take his daughter out of state perhaps but not so stringent as out of town.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Star Wars Electronic Battle Game [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for directions on how to play the Star Wars Electronic Galactic Battle Game. It came out in 1997 from Tiger Electronics. It is a lot like battleship, but in space. We can't figure out how to set it up. Please help if you can!!

PA. Custody? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights. To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce. I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST...

Battle w/ex over dependents [ 2 Answers ]

By mid June 2005 I satisfied IRS requirements for claiming my two children as dependents. They lived in my home more than half the year, and I provided more than half their support (NCP not paying support). In June 2005 I was handed a divorce decree stating my ex and I each are to claim one...

View more questions Search