Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toohz Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
    How do you become pregnant with irregular periods?
    My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive a child for over 2 yrs. I have looked at a lot of sites and they are all the same. Find out when you are ovulating and then do your business like crazy. Well that's a little hard when you have irregular periods and don't know when you ovulate. I can go for up to 6 months without my period and the doctor doesn't at all seem worried about this. I am. I have also seen about the lunar ovulation and that doesn't seem to work either. My fiancé is too scared to have a test done, he says he's going to do it but never does. Can any one help me with any other ideas out there that may help me conceive? I have had some tests done. I have had ultra sounds that indicate my ovaries are normal and I shouldn't have any problems. I have also had numerous blood tests and all came back clear. I am 21 and don't drink.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 13, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Have you tried charting your body temperature? Go to Ovulation Calculator: Ovulation Prediction and Basal Body Temperature to read about how to do it. Make sure you take your temperature first thing in the morning, as soon as you wake up and before you get out of bed. As soon as you see your temperature increase you'll know that ovulation is starting. Good luck!
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

May 13, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Hi try what LisaB4657 said and talk to your doctor about giving you something that can make you cycle regular.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
    Here's a site that might be of some assistance to you. I know it helped me.
    Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com
    toohz Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

May 14, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Thank you for the sites. They really helped me understand the female body a little better. However the charts that are on there do indicate that you need to have regular periods for it to be successful. If there is any other sites that anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 14, 2006, 07:41 PM
    You don't need to have regular periods to chart your temperature. It makes it easier if you're regular but it can still be done with irregular periods. You just have to make sure that you take your temp every day and watch for the increase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Menses [ 9 Answers ]

I have had irregular periods right from the onset for which I even took treatment and have taken hormonal medicines as well. My periods are all right when I'm on medicine and gets irregular again once I stop. I have been married for the last one and half year and took birth control pills which I...

Irregular Period... HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok I've been having irregular periods for a year now and nothing seems to help. They put me on birth control and it made it worse. Last month was the first normal period I've had in like 12 months and it was the month after I went off the birth control but this month is completely different. I've...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend experienced two heavier than normal periods for her two previous cycles, then last month she missed her period. A pregnancy test showed that she was not pregnant, but her gyno told her it could be too early to determine. Now currently instead of her normal period, she's having dried...

Irregular periods and testing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, :D I was wondering how you figure out when you should take a hpt if your periods are irregular? My last period started on the 15th March and ended on the 19th, I had un protected sex on the 20th of March and took a hpt on April 7th but it was negative.Im not sure this is accurate as I...

Very irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period in about 4 or 5 months. It's been so long I've lost track. I'm 22 years old, and I'm definitely not pregnant. (I had to get an X-Ray recently and the nurse did a pregnancy blood test beforehand) In the past, I've skipped one to two months here and there, but usually when...

View more questions Search