Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 10:10 PM
    my dell xps is driving me nuts
    I have a dell xps m1330 and its giving me lots of trouble. I just got it like last march and it stopped working right. First it would freeze up on me everyonce so often and not let me do anything then other times the screen would go black like it was going to sleep but I would be in the middle of doing something like typing something or moving the mouse or just randomly while I wasn't doing anything. This all started like a week ago. When the screen went black it would not turn on and I would have to hold down the power button and restart it. Now its gotten even worse and it won't turn on at all. It acts like its going to turn on by like the screen turning on but still being black and the buttons turn on like its going to turn on but it won't go any further than that. Every once and a while I can get it to turn on but not always and it will always freeze or go black. Does anyone have any suggestions that would be awesome! Thanks
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2008, 10:47 PM
    Can you go to the BIOS ? When you turn on your Laptop , press F1 or F2 or F12. If you can , I think your hard disk is something wrong.

Before replace hard disk, try to reformat your hard disk.

Regards,
    ABB
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 10:24 AM
    It's a laptop. Copy all the data off it and do a Factory Restore and give this puppy a chance to operate correctly from the getgo.

On my laptop, to activate the recovery console, I press F11 after I first turn on the unit. Yours may be F11, or F10... watch the screen and see if it tells you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving me nuts [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so for the past month or so i have been trying to find a movie that i remember seeing when i was about 6 or so. The movie is partially animated and is about this boy who goes into a library and gets sucked into a book. In the book he becomes animated. He then meets 2 books one is dressed as a...

My mama is driving me nuts [ 5 Answers ]

My mama insist on sending out graduation announcements(I don't see the point) to our extended family (ppl I never see nor hear from). She asks me to help her make copies of these announcements on card stock paper. I have never used cardstock paper(why would I I was a psych major in college we never...

Driving me nuts. BW movie from 30s or 40s [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is about a woman who gets hit with painters scaffolling and they think she is a missing heiress kidnapped at childhood. They take her to a mansion and they tell her she has to identify her favorate doll. By logical reasoning she picks the right one. Give it a go, haven't seen it...

Driving me nuts [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me figure out what this movie is called? The story line is something like this guy has a friend that is a real a$$ , so the guy, his girlfriend and a few other friends come up with a plan to kill him. I know they all get caught. I think its based on a true story. The only other...

Pop up that's really driving me nuts! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here's ths web addy that I have tried and tried again to get rid of on my computer. http://www.sysprotectionpage.com/ Now IDK if this is some kind of spyware/virus or whatever, I just can't seem to escape it. I have removed all sourses related to this addy, but it just keeps showing up...

View more questions Search