Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Eid Mubarak!
    "Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!" (Quran 2/201)

Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum!
    Attached Images

startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Thank you Firmy... You are a sweety!
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 04:32 PM
    :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair!
    Eid Saeed...
    Are you giving gifts this year sweet? What kind would normally be given to children?
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:19 PM
    "May every year find you in good health!"
    Wow start!

Hmm, yeah got some sweets packed up to give.
    Going to let the little one do the giving this time.. :)

For children,
    It could be money(especially from older relatives like grandparents), new clothes (most adults & kids will buy at least one new outfit for Eid),sweets etc.

Traditionally we normally have a special sweet dish for this day and a good meal cooked,sort of like a feast.Then we distribute among our friends and relatives.And sometimes we visit each other for dessert and/or meal.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:22 PM
    And you call distant reletives... do you normally not? Or is this a special day to make sure you do? I guess that would be my first question. Sweets sound great, new outfits too. At what age do you stop getting and start giving?
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    And you call distant reletives....do you normally not? Or is this a special day to make sure you do? i guess that would be my first question. Sweets sound great, new outfits too. At what age do you stop getting and start giving?
    Distance relatives, friends etc.
    In this day and age it is easier with internet and Instant phone messages.:p

We try to make the giving start as young as possible.
    Eid is a time to give to each other more than receive and it is also the time to celebrate the end of our fasting month.And giving gifts is not compulsory, just wishing each other on Eid counts and then there is the Eid prayer early Eid morning.

We have "zakat" giving before the Eid.
    This is one of the pillars-compulsory "alms giving" for all muslims (the adults pay for the children and those they are looking after too),except the poor or orphans.
    This money is collected and distributed among the needy of the whole community.
    baby broody Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Oct 11, 2007, 09:07 AM
    'Eid Mubarak' to you aswel Firmbelieiver, we will most likely be celebrating on Saturday here in the UK. We have also given and received gifts from close family members, we are waiting until eid morning to give our little boy his presents, he's been waiting impatiently for many days now, he's only 4 so still doesn't realise how long a weeks wait is, he's so excited.
    On Eid day we are 4 families where I stay and we all usually decide a eid menu and cook 2 dishes each, and every year we gather at one residance and have eid dinner, that way we get to meet everyone and all have dinner together. In the evening then we usually go out for a meal or take the kids out.
    Hope you and your family have a great eid.
    I know this is'nt the right topic page but you know I was trying for a baby, I am 6 weeks pregnant and have kept all my fasts aswel :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baby broody
    'Eid Mubarak' to u aswel Firmbelieiver, we will most likely be celebrating on Saturday here in the UK. we have also given and recieved gifts from close family members, we are waiting til eid morning to give our little boy his presents, he's been waiting impatiently for many days now, he's only 4 so still doesn't realise how long a weeks wait is, he's so excited.
    on Eid day we are 4 families where i stay and we all usually decide a eid menu and cook 2 dishes each, and every year we gather at one residance and have eid dinner, that way we get to meet every1 and all have dinner together. in the evening then we usually go out for a meal or take the kids out.
    hope you and your family have a great eid.
    i know this is'nt the right topic page but u know i was trying for a baby, i am 6 weeks pregnant and have kept all my fasts aswel :)

Assalaaam alaikum sister!

Alhamdlillah!
    This is the right place to give such good news...
    May you have many blessings during and after your pregnancy.

Eid Mubarak to you and yours too.

Wa alaikum salaam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search