Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marciajackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Lexmark 4875 black ink cartridge doesn't print
    I cannot get my lexmark printer to recognize that I have installed a new black ink cartridge. I have had it a few years so I know how to remove the tape from the cartridge.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2011, 07:37 PM
    When you put it in does the printer prompt you to print an alignment page? Is the print cartridge a genuine Lexmark or a refill? Also, look inside the printer (where the cartridge goes) to see if there is any debris that might cause poor electrical connection to the new cartridge.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    kaypr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 07:27 PM
    You can try to remove and put it back again. Sometimes our printer is the same, but we have an Epson though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark X5150 black ink [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have recently installed new ink cartridges in my printer however the black does not seem to work and the colour prints fine. As far as I'm aware I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that I can. Does any anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Have new black cartridge but it tells me to reinstall ink cartridge [ 1 Answers ]

Message states to reinstall black cartridge but I already have

Printing with all black ink cartridge [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon MP600 printer and it has two black ink cartridges, one for color and one that is for black only. When I run out of the black color ink I can't print in black. How do I print using the black only cartridge?

HP 7410 ink cartridge issues (96 black) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a recently new (last 12 months) hp 7410 all in one printer and purchased the (96 + 97) Combo-pack and for some reason the (96 black) cartridge isn't fitting / clicking in to place. I have installed them in the past with out problems... any suggestions or ideas as to why I'm suddenly having...

View more questions Search