Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Took in stray cat possible kitten/ appears pregnant
    A few weeks ago, I took in a stray cat... She may be a kitten, she's kind of small and very playful. Recently, my fianc'e and I noticed her stomach was getting larger. She appears to be pregnant and she is not very playful she just wants to sleep everywhere around the house. I am not sure if she is pregnant, but she is getting bigger by the day. She's lazy and extremely tired all the time now.

My first question is, "If
    she is a kitten, can she get pregnant"? And

My second question is if so then when will she be do?
    Visually she looks about ready. What should I know as a new cat owner? Especially after she gives birth, what advise could you give me.

Thank you very much
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 09:55 PM
    I think that you need to take her to the vet. She may not be pregnant she may have worms. This can cause her stomach to appear swollen and cause her to be lethargic. Worms can sap all of their strength, as they are taking vital nutrients from their body. I would think if she was about to deliver, you should be able to feel or see the kittens moving.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
    I agree 100% with bush... wow I didn't think I'd ever be able to say that... :eek: Sounds like wormy kitten to me; a quick trip to the vet will definitely clear things up! Good luck to you and your new kitty!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant stray cat [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My family has unofficially adopted a stray cat that we named sylvester.. it was born in our neighbourhood and we have been feeding it and petting it since it was just a few months old.. two months ago, she became pregnant.. she had her kittens where she was born in our neighbour's...

My pregnant stray cat [ 3 Answers ]

I found a stray cat that ended up being pregnant. She's getting pretty big now but I still don't know how many kittens she's going to have. Is there any way that I can tell how many she's going to have?

Is this stray cat pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago a stray cat started coming around. Today I noticed that she is either pregnant or has recently had kittens. Is there any way to tell which?

Pregnant Stray Cat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... About a week ago, my kids and I discovered a stray cat at my ex's house. She HAS to be pregnant because of the way her belly looks. I grew up with cats and she's one of the friendliest I've ever seen! It seems when I call her, she comes from the garage, so I've made a "nest" of old...

Stray cat- is she pregnant or did she have kittens already? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Four days ago I stumbed upon a small cat who appears to be pregnant. She is very sweet, skinny, and hungry. I fed her outside for about 3 days and just decided to bring her inside today. My concern is whether she has had kittens or is still pregnant. I couldn't find kittens anywhere, but...

View more questions Search