Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMBat14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Divorce and debt
    If my wife and I get divorced how would the credit card debt be settled. She and I have our names on each of our cards
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 11:02 AM
    It doesn't matter who used the card and how much each of you charged. Because you are married, you are both responsible jointly for the debts. If you both have attorneys, they can work out an agreement as to who will pay for what. But, if the debt is not settled, and you become divorced, they credit card company can go after you both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

Credit card debt in divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my husband left me and left the country leaving a $10,000 in his personal credit card debts (I'm not a co-signer at all, the were his cards), will I be responsible for his own debt? I own a condo and he is not in the title even though we are still married, can his creditors put a lien on my...

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for divorce and we've been separated since June, 2003. He's not provided any support for me or my three children. I can't afford an attorney. Any free resources available on what I need to do? I've responded to the suit, but he's filed for joint custody and my children do...

View more questions Search