Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jezm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2004, 08:05 PM
    Error Message, System32, COMM.DRV not found
    I'm trying to install software for my dvd cam, but when I do it says.

System32 Directory: COMM.DRV file not found

Could someone please direct me to where I might be able to download this file as it is not found when I search the PC. Thanks
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Problem Solved
    I finally solved this problem.

Go to this driver guides website, simple to join with a name and password, excellent site for getting drivers and things you need.

Then just search the site for Comm.drv

It says the file is for Win95/98 but I downloaded it to my Windows/system32 directory and it solved my program and game installs instantly.

http://members.driverguide.com/

Any problems just ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Far Cry Error Message [ 5 Answers ]

I installed and updated the game Far Cry, but this Error keeps coming up: "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application " I have unticked the Emulation programs that I can think of. ( Alcohol, and uninstalled Ghost9 and Clone DVD2 ). Nothing works, put in CD, click Icon...

DVD Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I've got Power DVD 5.0 and every time I try to play a Copyright Protected DVD, I get the error message "TV out port not configured properly", with the details being "Can't play copyright protected DVDs with TV out function enabled". I have looked in the WinME help and support page. My graphics...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

Error message when trying to save a web page. Please help me Marthie

Error message [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I just bought my new dell PC, when I was setting it up, I found my mic doewsnt work. It says error message 0x80004005, it then says to install it from my add remove programs but its not in there. I was just wondering what kind of sound card I have in it, should it been SOUNDMAX,and if so...

Error message [ 8 Answers ]

After a recent about with a virus my computer gives me the error message Explorer.exe- Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click OK to terminate the application. Any hints on how to fix this. I still have access to explorer in safe mode but that's...

View more questions Search