Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Feb 18, 2007, 10:31 PM
    My parents won't.
    How do I become a vegitarian without my parents finding out they aren't into it
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Why not be honest. I want to be a vegitarian. I do not want to eat meat anymore.

Why hide it from them?

Joe
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 01:33 AM
    It's not like they can force feed you meat (and if they do then something is seriously messed up right there).

Just tell them you've chosen that you don't want to eat meat anymore, and they have to respect that.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 01:45 AM
    For this girl to be so worried about her parents. Is this more about parents being too strict and she is afraid of them. Or is the poster, so self concience that she thinks there is going to be something wrong or a big deal made just because this is her personality but has nothing to do with the parents.

Joe
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 02:27 AM
    I think they will ask you why and you need to be ready with your answer and make your answer serious yet heart felt if this is something you are serious about doing then I wish you luck and remember the golden rule five fruit and veg a day will help keep you healthy.
    I must also point out that being a vegetarian isn't just about not eating meat there are many other products that have meat derivatives in and that will mean research into all the other food you also eat.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 05:05 AM
    I have to question why you want to become a vegitarian.

Understand that if you do, there are many vitamins you must take to replace the proteins and other vitamins that you will be lacking if you become a vegitartian. Vitamin B12 and B6 are very important in your diet. You will not get a lot of this if you don't eat meat. Iron is another that you will have to supplement.

If you are young, and I am sure you are, your parents are looking out for your health. Becoming a vegetarian can be detrimental to your health at a young age unless you know the supplements you will need to replace the meat in your diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell my parents ? [ 7 Answers ]

Can any 1 help me I'm so scared and nervous to tell my parents I want to sing but I don't no how I'm scared they won't like my voice or they don't take me seriously can any 1 help ? Please

21 won't Get Job won't Respond To Anything [ 6 Answers ]

Daughter lives at home works 10hrs a week never has much money,is diabetic, smokes like a trooper,drinks lots of lucozade as well as going to pub and eats loads of chocolate, not happy unless blood reads 10 or more. Has very obsessive nature which is centred on a bloke at the moment so she can't...

Her parents won't let us date [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I recenlty just broke up with my girlfriend.. we went out for 9 months.. at first our relationship was secretive.. well I thought her parents knew cuzz we were together all the time.. but we had to call it off cuzz her parents strongly believe in not dating.. so her dad made her brake up or he...

Parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just wanted to say my parents are splitting up, and I'm finding it really hard! I have moved away to a dance college and I get phone calls off my dad telling me to stay instead of coming home at weekends! But when I do come home he doesn't even talk to me! He just shakes his head as I walk...

21 won't Get Job won't Respond To Anything [ 1 Answers ]

Daughter lives at home works 10hrs a week never has much money,is diabetic, smokes like a trooper,drinks lots of lucozade as well as going to pub and eats loads of chocolate, not happy unless blood reads 10 or more. Has very obsessive nature which is centred on a bloke at the moment so she can't...

View more questions Search