Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aamnott82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Changing thermostat from White Rogers to Honeywell RTH230B
    Hello,
    We are trying to change out our White Rogers thermostat for a Honeywell RTH230B. The Honeywell has slots for RH, RC, W, Y and G, however, we have the following wires Red, Orange, Green, Yellow and White. Where does the orange wire go?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 26, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Do you have a heat pump? Brand and model number?
    aamnott82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 06:06 AM
    It's OK, we got it working. Thank you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

How to jump a manual White-rogers thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Need to jump the thermostat to see if it is bad as the a/c unit does nothing -no-fan-no compressor-no hum

Honeywell rth230b - 4 wire two red and two white [ 8 Answers ]

I replaced my old mercury thermostat last fall with a honeywell rth230b digital model and furnace worked fine all winter, now that I am trying to use my air conditioner its like the thermostat does not recognize cool. I have 4 wires two red and two white, one of the Red wires I have plugged into...

White rogers thermostat issue [ 4 Answers ]

I have a White rogers thermostat model 1F58W-77 and the wires I have that are hooked up right now are: RED-R GREEN-G YELLOW-Y WHITE-W1 BLACK-X1 ORANGE-O What I am trying to do is replace it with a honeywell T8400c. The manual says only 5 wire but this one I guess is the old one that has...

View more questions Search