Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyday4me Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Process for tile over poured marble shower floor
    What is the proper process for tile over previously poured marble shower floor? ATTN PROS:
    i.e. type of setting mortar, securing with metal lathe? ETC.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Let's first clarify what you mean by a poured marble floor, marble is a slab of solid stone. Do you mean marble tile or terrazzo?
    happyday4me Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Cultured Marble made from epoxy about 2 inches thick set on top of a shower pan liner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower floor tile over concrete [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower in my basement. It has a concrete subfloor and the drain is roughed in for a tub. I am installing ceramic tile on the floor and walls. I have three questions. First, at what height do I install the drain if I do not know the finished height of the tile? Second,...

Re-Tile Shower Floor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help and can't find any scenarios that don't refer to full shower pan replacement. I have 3 year old shower that does not leak but had badly cracked grout and a few floor tiles from a foundation shift. (yes, that bad.. I fixed drywall corners up one whole side of the house! Got...

Tile shower floor leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Maybe someone has some insight. I just redid a tile shower floor. My first one. I feel I did everything correct but have a leak. It seems the water is coming from around the drain body when I look from below(it's damp right by the edge of the drain body). I tore the existing tile, lead pan,...

Tile a shower floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom. It an an existing fiberglass shower basin. It is not cracked put it is discolored. I don't want to make a new basin. I was wanting to know how to use the existing basin and tile it with 1" travertine tiles. On the walls I am putting 12" travertine tiles.

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

View more questions Search