Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yourrrcuteex6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
    I have dark brown hair, and I want to dye it lighter with colorfix?
    For a long time, i've been wanting to turn my dyed dark brown hair with dark blond highlights to my natural color, which is a light brown to a medium brown. the only problem i have is that, i'm scared that the color is going to turn out to a orange or a really ugly yellow that i don't like. my question is, if i buy 1 box of colorfix, and i do the whole entire processes, will it turn out to a decent color, which i can dye it afterwards? and if so, what color of hair dye and developer should i get? thank you for your help. xx

this is the color of my hair when its wet :
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2gulj6f.jpg
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 10:50 AM

Wow. Major dark. ColorFix or Color Oops is what you want. You not only can dye it afterwards, you will have to dye it afterwards. ColorFix only removes the artificial color. Because it's so dark, you may have to use two applications of ColorFix.

Even though you used a very dark color, the dye also contained hydrogen peroxide which lightened your natural pigments (Yup. It's true). When you remove the artificial pigment, you'll see the natural pigment that's left. Most likely, the natural pigment will have been lightened it to the orange you are dreading, but, don't panic. This shouldn't be a big problem!

I won't suggest a color. You already said that you want your natural color so you know what that is. Developer? You'll want 20-volume developer. Brand is irrelevant.

You'll find that whatever color you select will fade after a while, so be prepared for that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown hair a few shades lighter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering whether you could help me... I recentally dyed my hair, I wanted it 2 go light brown however afta I only left the colour on for 5 minutes it was alredy black! I washed it of after 5 minutes and was uterly devistated... it has not faded a bit and is now a very dark brown...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Dying my Dark Brown Hair Lighter: Just Need a Little Guidance! [ 4 Answers ]

I am thinking about coloring my hair lighter. Not only do I want a bit of a change but I'd also like to bring my hair color close to my natural one. I haven't dyed my hair in over six months but the last time I had it was a permanent dye. It was L'Oreal Natural Match to be even more specific and I...

Dying dark brown/black hair lighter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been wanting to dye my hair a shade lighter or just lighter in general, but I'm not sure that it will work, seeing as I have dark brwon hair. Are there any natural lightening products for dark/brown hair I can use? Or What coulour highlights should I add to my hair?

Dying dark brown to lighter brown [ 3 Answers ]

My granddaughter wants to dye her hair(previously colored about a month and1/2 ago)from dark brown to a light brown/blond. We cannot afford to do it in salon. What can I do to help her myself.

View more questions Search